Fgen Latest

ste_167 posted on Apr 22 2004 at 02:54 PM said:
Just been reading on GP32spain that it's Frameship 1 without sound but nearer Frameskip 4-5 with sound and won't be released this year.

Eh? Well my own Genny emu runs at frameskip 1, fullspeed at 156Mhz, and I think fGen32 is even faster (haven't tried it yet).

Mine is a bit unoptimized at the moment.

So that would be a big van of bullcrap!

Last edited by a moderator:
fdave posted on Apr 23 2004 at 10:25 AM said:
Just been reading on GP32spain that it's Frameship 1 without sound but nearer Frameskip 4-5 with sound and won't be released this year.

Eh? Well my own Genny emu runs at frameskip 1, fullspeed at 156Mhz, and I think fGen32 is even faster (haven't tried it yet).

Is that with sound as well? ;)

ste_167 posted on Apr 23 2004 at 09:33 AM said:
ooops, sorry about that - I was bored
What does that mean? You were bored and posted something that wasn't true? If thats the case, I just have one word- BITCH

Reesy posted on Apr 23 2004 at 12:02 PM said:
fdave posted on Apr 23 2004 at 10:25 AM said:

Is that with sound as well? ;)

Oh shit - I didn't read that bit! I read it too quickly and read it as Frameskip 4-5 without sound, not Frameskip 4-5 with sound.

Sorry guys misunderstanding there...

Yeah frameskip 4-5 with sound sounds about right, I would expect that.

The reason why is that for sound you have to emulate a Z80 as well, and there's no optimised Z80 core for ARM.

No my emulator doesn't have any Z80 or sound yet. Sorry for the misunderstanding folks, sorry sorry sorry! (retreats into a small hole and dies......)

fdave posted on Apr 23 2004 at 02:40 PM said:
The reason why is that for sound you have to emulate a Z80 as well, and there's no optimised Z80 core for ARM.
I've got one ;) , you want it ?

well, here it is! I love it, full speed BABY!!!! XD

too bad he didn't implement sound yet tho, but well it's FULL FUCKING SPEED!

(anyone got sonic3&knuckles to run on it?)

runs fast shame not one game out of the 50 i tried worked......................And i was looking forward all day to this

then perhaps he shouldnt have released it since in its present state its not worth downloading and its just get lots of disapointed

i'm not disappointed... it's great to see a W.I.P. of what's looking like it's gonna be the most impressive emulator yet on GP32... :)

edit : nice member number, timeslip. B)

Wolfsclaw posted on Apr 23 2004 at 05:56 PM said:
guess why its called private beta.
Exactly.

As he states in the readme:

this core is new. that means it needs some work to be accurate yet.
many games will fail or will work in a strange way because some cpu opcodes are
not emulated yet, and others maybe are being emulated incorrectly (bugs). Please
have in mind this is an experimental beta so don't flame anyone about this

Six!!!!! Six!!!!Six.........The Number Of The Beast!!!!
Six!!!!! Six!!!!Six.........The One For You And Me!!!

Road Rash 2 - graphics are well.. .f*ed up
Streets of Rage 2 - Timer is frozen and cannot move, although action buttons work
Sonic 1 - black screen
Sonic 2 - works rather well :)
Pete Sampras Tennis - black screen

On the whole, this is a pretty good emulator. The speed side of things is defintely improved :)

Columns is playable, cool spot is playable. The speed of this emulator is superb!, its going to be amazing. :D

Back