Drmd Sound...whaaa

Status
Not open for further replies.

narmak

I'm not sure if i have some weird setting on my version of dr.md, but when i compare the sound to fgen, it's just plain shitty. Does anybody else have this same problem? Or is this to be expected? ( i thought dr.md had an asm sound core that was supposed to blow fgen out of the water, or maybe i'm thinking of something else.)

I'm pretty sure its just the Z80 emulation being hokey. Any games that don't use the Z80 for sound are normal, however games that use Z80 seem to have strange fast/slow sound that gets out of sync with the game. These games wouldn't have any sound at all on FGen I beleive.

Anyway, I think the Z80 core needs some improvements to play nice with the 68k core, there is some major sync/speed issues. Still nice to have sound on Sonic2/3, no matter how strange it is :)

oh ok, must just be some sort of speed issue, the game i found this problem on was phantasy star, which sounded alot better on fgen than on drmd.

It's a WIP, so there are going to be problems. I have noticed that Super Baseball doesn't seem to display the menus right and Sonic Spinball is iffy (but that's in fGen, too). Sound (mainly speed) needs worked on. And, of course, games need sped up a bit.

In due time... this is a very impressive start.

*drools at Sonic & Knuckles running on GP with near perfect sound*

Remember guys, some of these compatibility issues are due to the cyclone CPU core bugs. Since fdave seems to have fallen off the earth, this may never be fixed in ANY of the Genesis emus. Unless of course another 68000 ASM core pops out that is bug free which is unlikely. Still it is pretty good as is.

I'm not sure if i have some weird setting on my version of dr.md, but when i compare the sound to fgen, it's just plain shitty. Does anybody else have this same problem? Or is this to be expected? ( i thought dr.md had an asm sound core that was supposed to blow fgen out of the water, or maybe i'm thinking of something else.)

"SHITTY", why you little fucker. Who the fuck are you to say the sound is "shitty"...wanker. Where's your bloody emulator? heh. Did you pay for DrMD? No you fucking didn't. If you don't like the sound, you could have just said "the sound in DrMD is not as good as Fgen". That would have been fine, but no you've got to say its "Shitty" and piss me right off. Don't anyone expect a new release any time soon, I've got to make sure the sound is not "Shitty" as too not upset narmark the wanker.

Last edited by a moderator:
z80 sound in DrMD is sometimes too fast for me but excellent quality, DrMD is the best! ;)

At 166 Mhz it is amazing. :)

It always disappoints me how people can come out with comments such as narmak's in full knowledge that the author will read it. I'm not into arse-licking, but if a negative comment is to be made then it should at least be constructive.

I'd be peed off if some freeloader had said the same about something I'd worked on. In fact, I take criticism worse than Reesy even!

It was just the word "Shitty" that wound me up. "SHITTY!!!" what a little fuck wit.

Reesy : Don't listen to him, your emu is great. :D

The z80 sound is very clear and nice and doesn't slow down very much the games (at least at 166 Mhz it's fast). ;)

Hey Reesy, this emulator is great!
With i little bit more optimization in speed, and some tweeking with the sound it'd be Perfect! :D

Its excellent now, if only fdave hadn't dissapeared cuz i cant play shining force(which im pretty sure is cause by a cyclone bug)... :(
And although shining force didnt work, i did hear the music perfectly for the few seconds before my gp32 reset! :D

It was just the word "Shitty" that wound me up. "SHITTY!!!" what a little fuck wit.

Hey Reesy! The sound on your emulator is shitty! You suck!

Stop taking comments on the internet so seriously and lighten up. Threatening to not release the emulator just makes you look like an asshole, and to be quite honest, if you dont release it because some guy on the internet said you suck at something, you truly are a moron.

I have a reputation for not sucking up to developers or people who make stuff for free. If they are assholes, they don't deserve any respect, even if they make a program that solves world hunger or something. Sure, the program would be awesomely fantasticly great, but if he didn't release it, he wouldn't exactly be liked would he? It would just cause more problems, and he would become hated, and evenually assasinated, and the whole world would explode because he had a 100 zillion gigaton atomic bomb strapped to his chest which he triggered because some guy on the internet said his program sucks because it didn't order the food in alphabetical order.

So, in conclusion, don't strap an atomic bomb to your chest.

edit: I went off on a tangent, so I shall put a summary here: The sound is "not working properly" ie its shitty. So put it pretty high on your list of priorities, since some games sound pretty silly. Just because he used language that was somewhat crude doesn't mean he doesn't appreciate your work. I think that linux is fucking horribly shitty for use as a Desktop OS, does that mean I hate linux and think that all the devs should give up on it because they are a bunch of talentless morons who couldn't code a decent GUI if they were held at gunpoint?

editedit: I went off on another tangent. Heres a good summary: Sound broken. Fix.

I think the current DrMD sound is awesome, you can't complain when its the best we've ever had, thats just nuts! Its obviously its going to get better given time. We should be DAMN THANKFUL for what we've got, and that we've got someone this dedicated on the scene. Using derogatory terms doesn't really help anything, and only serves to piss people off.

I think the current DrMD sound is awesome, you can't complain when its the best we've ever had, thats just nuts! Its obviously its going to get better given time. We should be DAMN THANKFUL for what we've got, and that we've got someone this dedicated on the scene. Using derogatory terms doesn't really help anything, and only serves to piss people off.

The open source model is useless without complaints and criticisms. If you are offended by mere language and combinations of letters, then just try to look past it and take a look at the underlying problem.

The sound is better than anything we've had before, but I would be lying if I said it wasn't broken. People should stop getting so offended over fucking cuntsucking shittyass raping pussyshit shovelling anal gangbanging words.

The open source model is useless without complaints and criticisms. If you are offended by mere language and combinations of letters, then just try to look past it and take a look at the underlying problem.

I think most people are quite capable of understanding complaints and criticisms without having things said to them that are likely to piss them off. Saying "when i compare the sound to fgen, it's just plain shitty" is pretty insulting. I don't blame Reesy for taking offence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back