Drmd Sound...whaaa

Status
Not open for further replies.
the sound needs work, shitty, no. Basically all my roms but 1 did not have sound on FGEN so I can't compare it since DRMD, plays all my roms with sound. Its fast sometimes yes, needs work, yes, but shitty, no.

Pleeeease guys, cool down!

@Reesy: Please ignore anyone who says "shitty" or something like that.
A lot of guys always want to complain.
But looking at all the other posts regarding your emulator, a lot of guys anticipate your work and love your emulator. Please don't be pissed off because one or two guys complain...

BTW: I have the latest Beta of fGen32 which has the Z80 core included. It's slower, less compatible and has more speed problems than your version. The sound on both emulators is crystal clear without any crackles.
I know yours and Rlyeh's emulators are both WIPs, so I'm sure that both will be stunning when finished (they already ARE stunning). But all of you guys, Rlyeh, you, the ASM core coders, have done an impressive work together.
It's your decision whether you want to continue or discontinue it - but you're the one who can make that impressive emulator perfect! And it's sooo close to be complete! Please don't give it up, just because of 2 or three guys - out of 5000 members gp32x.de has!

@narmak and Swiss_Cheeseman: I now you don't mean to be that harsh, but please be careful choosing your words in the future. Instead of saying "the sound is plain shitty", try to say "the sound isn't as good as in fGen32, for example...".
Do you have the latest private beta of fGen32? If not, you don't have the Z80 core in yet, so you'll only have sound in some games (Phantasy Star 4, Golden Axe 2, Sonic the Hedgehog), which is MUCH easier to emulate than the Z80 sound and therefore sounds better.

Conclusion:
The sound is not perfect, but that's normal for a WIP, and it's much better than most of us here ever expected Genesis emulation to be...
Harsh and insulting words are never needed - and only lead to misunderstandings and negative feelings.

Thus, I close this thread. Use the other Dr. MD thread to tell Reesy, what would be nice to have added into Dr. MD :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back