Ffvi Emulation Performance In Snes Vs Gba

shikoku88henro

Still Fresh
Been trying to improve emulation of a great game, Final Fantasy VI and it seems to always run at about 90%, a little choppy. This performance level is the same whether I try it on SNES or if I try the GBA version that was re-issued.

Has anyone had any luck with them running full speed with audio? Most games I don't care about sound but the nostalgia demon requires I hear the Ghost Train play as Cyan and Sabin smash some ass.

FF 6 on GBA is FINAL FANTASY 3 on SNES , and it works like a charm , just run it with "fats pocketsnes.gpe" instead "pocketsnes.gpe"

varan77 said:
FF 6 on GBA is FINAL FANTASY 3 on SNES , and it works like a charm , just run it with "fats pocketsnes.gpe" instead "pocketsnes.gpe"

Thanks for the tip, and yes everyone knows that FF3 SNES is FF6, just easier to say 6 since now on things like the DS they are re-releasing the real 3 and what not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep in mind the GBA in general has poorer sound than the SNES. The FF6 port is great but even on a real GBA the sound is not as good as a real SNES.

The SNES version has f*cked up sound on the Wiz though --- the pitch of the music bends and it sounds horrible.

To be fair, the sound is very odd in FF3 on PocketSNES. Just go into a battle. The music sounds off-key (very whiney, like a cat crying). First time in an emulator I ever heard something like it.

I'd like to start a donation thread to have the SNES emulator updated. No horizontal tearing, better FPS and sound...is that something that is acceptable here? PPCGeeks do it all the time for cell phone stuff.

Hamburglar said:
To be fair, the sound is very odd in FF3 on PocketSNES. Just go into a battle. The music sounds off-key (very whiney, like a cat crying). First time in an emulator I ever heard something like it.

I'd like to start a donation thread to have the SNES emulator updated. No horizontal tearing, better FPS and sound...is that something that is acceptable here? PPCGeeks do it all the time for cell phone stuff.
All I can say is I will donate if we can get something like this setup. Please developers, we are willing to give you hard earned cash to get better emulation!!! The Wiz is capable of so much more!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back