Wiz Emulation Performance

Emiliano

Still Fresh
Hi,

I'm considering to buy a GP2X Wiz to run emulators on it.

Many reviews say that Wiz is a good emulation console, however, I'm quite concerned about performance.

I'm not talking about SNES performance, most reviews only address SNES.

What I want to know is about performance for emulators such as MAME, Neo Geo, and CPS 1 & 2.

Please, someone can answer me what's the average FPS and playability of games on these platforms?

Do I have to use frameskip, turnoff lot of options in order to emulate these?

I believe that this could be a recurring question on this forum. If this is the case, please send me links for other posts where I can find answers.

Thanks in advance,

Emiliano

Mame is perfect for all games i tried. street fighter, turtles arcade...

Neo Geo is perfect for all games i tried : metal slug, samurai showdown...

CPS2= use a few frameskip, maybe the emus use frameskip 1, i played street fighter alpha 2 and darkstalkers VERY PLAYABLE.

Wehn possible i configure all my emus to 800 mhz. it seem most wiz handle 800 mhz easily. there is no danger to overclock, only battery drain a little faster.

All work great and fullscreen

note: SNES is very fast near , fullspeed for + 95% of games with no framskip.
Picodrive perfect, gameboy slow, gba very fast a lot of games fullspeed, even mariokart. nes fullspeed

CPS2 seems fine without frameskip to me, although I play shooters like Mars Matrix.

For what you want it seems performance is fine. Just don't expect playable PSX or N64 or anything silly like that.

unfortunatelythe maximum speed for CPS2 is 300mhz.

at this speed i got between 20 and 30 fps for street fighter alpha 2.

dungeon and dragons between 27 and 55 fps

The games are 100% fullspeed they just dont have full 60 fps.

Back