Fenix

Yet the only thing you ever released was a pong clone ghost-coded by me.
Please do not take this the wrong way but, You're a coder?

Please do not take this the wrong way but, You're a female?
HIGH FIVE!
emothfiveza3.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Yet the only thing you ever released was a pong clone ghost-coded by me.
Please do not take this the wrong way but, You're a coder?

Please do not take this the wrong way but, You're a female?
Hey stop the flaming, I was only asking. I was going to say goity has just gone up one notch on my book of people I like. But then look what happened. You two just can't be nice can you.

Fenix on Fire, it has three starter guides by Ed. The rest you can learn from tutorials/source codes, again, linked from the same web site.

http://fenixonfire.gp32x.de/

- Alex

But where is the english api guide?

e.g. move_text, where are its params described? What about all the other functions?

A tutorial is not the same as a language guide.

e.g.

http://www.jdocs.com/commonsemail/1.0/api/index.html

Thanks

There's an almost complete English guide at http://www.fenixshowcase.com/docs/manual/index.php. There are some glaring omissions, but it's helped me a lot as I've worked on my game.

I like this thread :D

http: slashslash .flamingbird.com slash onlinedocs slash

Sorry I`d like to post a proper link but my laptop keyboard is going weird again. As so often... cant do slashes nor can I move the cursor with the cursor keys which really sucks when you discover typos...

PS: Sam, every language is sluggish if you suck at it :p

Quiest posted on Dec 11 2006 at 09:18 PM said:
I like this thread :D

http: slashslash .flamingbird.com slash onlinedocs slash

Sorry I`d like to post a proper link but my laptop keyboard is going weird again. As so often... cant do slashes nor can I move the cursor with the cursor keys which really sucks when you discover typos...

PS: Sam, every language is sluggish if you suck at it :p
I've never found it sluggish, just going by what i have been told.

@Goity: You were nothing to do with my pong clone lol.

realistically, fenix isn't *that* much slower that SDL, which is suprising considering fenix is an interpreted language using SDL.
I remember Nickspoon was using rotation once with 1200x1200 tiles. I could do 1200x1200 tiles in mode7 at the same speed.

sam fisher posted on Dec 15 2006 at 05:21 AM said:
I've never found it sluggish, just going by what i have been told.
In other words, posting for posting's sake :rolleyes:

- Alex

sam fisher posted on Dec 16 2006 at 02:39 AM said:
Well moogle couldn't release a game due to bugs. And i've always been told its buggy. I've never tried anything big enough to cause bugs.
There are some minor bugs yes, and a good programmer will always find a way round them. If something doesn't work, then you can always write your own routine instead. Such as the save and load struct bug in the 2X version. I had to write a whole routine to convert strings to integers before saving, didn't take me long but now it works perfectly. Don't forget though that Puck is still working on the Fenix runtime for the GP2X, so it's getting better with every release!!!!

I really enjoy coding in Fenix as it's a nice language, sort of soft, quirky and comfy in a way. It's not in the least bit difficult and it makes writing games a pleasure. And I still think I have only scratched the surface with it.

WarmFluffyUK posted on Dec 18 2006 at 07:55 AM said:
sam fisher posted on Dec 16 2006 at 02:39 AM said:
Well moogle couldn't release a game due to bugs. And i've always been told its buggy. I've never tried anything big enough to cause bugs.
There are some minor bugs yes, and a good programmer will always find a way round them. If something doesn't work, then you can always write your own routine instead. Such as the save and load struct bug in the 2X version. I had to write a whole routine to convert strings to integers before saving, didn't take me long but now it works perfectly. Don't forget though that Puck is still working on the Fenix runtime for the GP2X, so it's getting better with every release!!!!

I really enjoy coding in Fenix as it's a nice language, sort of soft, quirky and comfy in a way. It's not in the least bit difficult and it makes writing games a pleasure. And I still think I have only scratched the surface with it.
There are bugs in fenix itself. But nevermind that. I still don't know why you had problems making a string into an int array. Chars are just short ints!

sam fisher posted on Dec 18 2006 at 03:25 AM said:
I think you mean "pansy"?
I`m sorry, english is not my mother language, but I was sure you know what I mean :D

And the strings in arrays is a gp2x related Fenix bug, it simply crashes the thing, while it works fine on pc.

sam fisher posted on Dec 18 2006 at 09:05 AM said:
I still don't know why you had problems making a string into an int array. Chars are just short ints!
Converting a string to an INT is not the issue, the problem is when you try to Load/save a struct or an array to the SD card which contains a string, as it randomly crashes fenix on the GP2X. It works fine on the PC. I had to convert the high score names to integers before saving, and now it works fine :)!

jbrodack posted on Dec 22 2006 at 05:56 AM said:
is this related at all to the crashes i experienced in myriad?
Nope, this crash would have killed myriad as soon as you load it, as that's when I initially load in the high score table.

Back