Fenix

Aha, thanks.

Got a prog to run.

However, why does fxi.exe not exit when I ask it to, i.e. alt-f4?

I have to kill it via the task manager.

I note that fxc.exe doesn't like paths with spaces, as the fenix desktop doesn't pass them with quotes, so it thinks it is being passed multiple files.

When trying to compile/run from the fenix desktop it says "Executable image is not a supported type",
yet if I run fxi.exe from the command line its fine. Any idea why?

Topic Moved to fenix forum.

However, why does fxi.exe not exit when I ask it to, i.e. alt-f4?
I have to kill it via the task manager.
The reason for this is you are compiling it without debug mode. In Debug mode you can close the window by ALT+F4 etc.
I guess you are using Flamebird, go to Preferences under the edit drop down menu, and click the Compilation Tab. Tick the Compile in Debug mode option.
The down side in debug mode is that the debugger is included in the compiled file, so it's bigger, and because the debugger is running the code is a bit slower. So when you finally publish your program, you should turn the above option off.

It's also good practice to include an exit option in your program. If I am testing I always put something like:

Code:
If (Key(_enter)) Return; End;
In the loop.

Regarding the other problem, take a look at this thread

Bye for now and have fun,
Clare.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the debug tip, exits fine now.

Oooh, a fenix forum, didn't realize there was one.

Cool.

Where is the online English fenix language guide?

I'm running Flamebird, but its help is Spanish, and can't find any online guide in English.

Thanks.

Fenix is a great introduction to game logic and syntax, and runs incredibely well for an interpreted language. Fenix helped me a lot while I was finding my way in C, and it does the same for many other people, too.

The setup of the dev environment for it is incredibely easy, too, so there goes another barrier that may intimidate casual or beginner devs. The way it handles graphics and sounds, as well as 'processes' is again very easy to work with, and gives powerful results, fast.

It is unfair to compare Fenix against C, but give credit where credit is due.

- Alex

No it's not, its buggy and sluggish. It's not "excellent!!!!", it's "easy". My opinion, anyway.
Not soo young Jedi Sam, the newer runtime is soo much better :)! But how would you know, as your internet is down and you you only update your GP2x once a month.

P.S. I am going to start C soon.

Thanks for the debug tip, exits fine now.

Oooh, a fenix forum, didn't realize there was one.

Cool.

Yeah Cool innit :), and welcome to the language, I find it's really excellent!!!!
No it's not, its buggy and sluggish. It's not "excellent!!!!", it's "easy". My opinion, anyway.
Yet the only thing you ever released was a pong clone ghost-coded by me.

Back