Fcc

bustaballs

I work at RadioShack and was bored so I went around the store looking for products with the FCC mark on the box.

Some digital cameras had them and some didn't.

Netgear routers didn't but Linksys did.

Some MP3 players had them and some didn't.

Our police radar detectors had them as well.

All of the universal remotes had it.

Things that didn't have it included GPS, PSP, 360, Wii, Netbooks, Laptops, Kids Laptops, Xavix game system, Vtech kids game system, portable DVD players, CBs, and scanners. The only thing videogame related that had the FCC mark on it was the wireless remote for the Vtech system. I think anything with IR requires FCC.

"FCC Part 15 rules cover both unintentional radiators (devices such as computers and TV receivers, all of which may generate radio signals as part of their operation, but aren't intended to transmit them); and intentional radiators (such as garage door openers, cordless telephones, wireless microphones, etc., which depend on deliberate radio signals to perform their jobs). "

I think it was eventually decided that, even when something falls under FCC regulations, it doesn't actually need to be certified (a process which can take months), it just needs to have been tested by a certified company so that, if the FCC comes knocking, you can show the documentation the proves it's safe.

The 360 and controllers do have FCC IDs and/or marks on the units themselves. Same with PSPs. It's likely the mark/ID doesn't need to appear on the box so much as it does on the unit itself. Most or all of my electronic items are FCC marked in some way, unless they're import electronics.

There is no advantage to put the FCC mark on products in America. Many international companies do it just to insure it gets through gates right on time.

lulzfish said:
Kloplop321 said:
Xian Long said:
my ti-89 calculator has fcc

my Ti-84 calculator has fcc
My Casio fx-260 has CE. I'm in the US.

My TI-86 calculator does not have the FCC mark but it does say it complies with part 15 of FCC rules blah blah...

Last edited by a moderator:
My Tascam DR-1 MP3/WAV recorder has FCC and CE logos on it.
Its just a recorder no wireless anything. :huh:

My Blackberry has an FCCID number in small type hidden behind the battery.

My Tapwave Zodiac has an FCC label on it.

My Casio CFX-9850GC PLUS has an FCC-symbol (for home and office use) as well as a "meets all requirements" message from Canadian Interference-Causing Equipment Regulations in both English and French and a CE symbol

My Nikon D5000's got FCC on the bottom and CE in the manual

Creative Zen 8GB's got FCC and CE and a load of worn-down nearly-invisible-from-the-start text

Logitech G51 speaker system doesn't have it, but it has CE

Roccat Kone mouse's got FCC and CE

Ancient Compaq keyboard's got CE and FCC ID AQ6-93S604 and complies with Canadian ICES-003 Class B

New water boiler for coffée's only got CE

Sony Ericsson and BST-40 battery's only got CE

PS3's only got CE, but then again it's the PAL model (a 60GB release unit)

And now for a completely different FCC: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NDPT0Ph5rA

Back