Farewell (For now)

Status
Not open for further replies.

T.T.

Master of Lightning
Well, first off, I'd like to say I've quite enjoyed being a part of this forum, I learned a lot being a lurker, and a lot being a moderator (even though I didn't do much as a moderator)

As some of you may have guessed from my signature, I am a member of the LDS church, and I have decided to go on a two year proselyting mission.

I've been called to the Birmingham Alabama mission, english speaking (well southern speaking).

I leave off to the MTC this wednesday, and after that it'll be off to birmingham.

I'd like to say good bye and good luck to all of you on the forums, and especially good luck to those developing the pyra, I look forward to that little device.

Also, this means I will be need to be released from being a moderator.

If you happen to be in alabama, and you see an Elder Barton, it may just be me, so be sure to say hi :)

See you in two years (little bit more than Two Months tm  huh? :) )

P.S. please don't derail this thread into a religion vs religion discussion, I'm just saying good bye and I figured you deserve to know why.

Two years is at *least* three or four "two month" periods. We can do better. Pyra Five!

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck mate :)  

You still contributed quite a bit as a moderator and I am sad to say i'm going to miss ya :(

Have fun proseltyzing. Do you have several wives? I always wondered what that would be like...

Kudos for not being into Scientology.

Exciting times for you T.T. I hope you get a lot out of this experience!  Fare thee well, and see you when the Pyra's are ripe to harvest and bring back home.

Last edited by a moderator:
Took me awhile to realize what LDS is; also, proselyting; these are terms probably only known to other latter day saint folks :)

I assume proselyting is attempting to convert people to LDS (aisde: be kind; imho, to me its a rude thing to do ..if they have any form of belief whatsoever (including atheist.. especially that.) But thats your business, so peace :) .. just be mindful that many of us consider it hostile if a pushy person tries ot push a religion at us; if it is kindly offered, in terms of a gift, and easily turned down, then your'e doing it right :)

My question is .. how does this require you to be off the entire internet, and/or not using your device? Surely there is wifi around or something.. so you must be chosiung to drop Pandora forum contact? or all internet?

I mean, I can certainly understand if the forum commitments are too much, or too tempting, and too invasive of your limited freew time in this situation; I'm just curious how all that works out; or maybe it is a requirement?

Colour me curious; I don't mean to judge or anything; I'm just nearly the most curious person alive :) Feel free to ignore the question, as clearly your time is tight :)

jeff

oh thats what proselyting means....ill get my 20-foot pole

maybe it is a requirement
I'm not sure of the exact wording, but I think there's a general guideline to isolate yourself. Contact with the outside world is mostly restricted to email and letters.

Anyway, enjoy Alabama!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back