Famicom Wars/super Famicom Wars Translation

edgar42

Still Fresh
After getting thoroughly stuck into Days of Ruin for the past week or so, I'm keen to charge up the GP2X for some old famicom wars stuff. Searching the internet it seems that people want a translation for Super Famicom wars, but it's not available. For Famicom wars there are translations available, but how would I apply it to the original ROM?

Has anyone got these up and running in english?

edgar42 said:
After getting thoroughly stuck into Days of Ruin for the past week or so, I'm keen to charge up the GP2X for some old famicom wars stuff. Searching the internet it seems that people want a translation for Super Famicom wars, but it's not available. For Famicom wars there are translations available, but how would I apply it to the original ROM?

If the translations are ips files, read this.

Also you missed the emulation section of the forum I see. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Lurkio said:
edgar42 said:

If the translations are ips files, read this.

Also you missed the emulation section of the forum I see. ;)

Thanks, and Whoops!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh dear. For some reason all the translation IPSs I've tried seem to crash the working ROM when it gets to the map screen of Famicom Wars. At least the translation patches for the Gameboy wars series thankfully work.

Hm. I definitely got the translation working and playable on my GP2x...

Is it a game there are several versions of? If it is, then you should make sure you're patching the right one! Check the translation patch readme, see if it specifies a particular MD5 sum, and make sure your rom matches that.

Back