F-day, Did It Ever Happen

pandora said:
sorry, F - day :blink: ??
The greatest day that never was -- when rlyeh was going to release polished versions of every emulator he was making for GP32.

There were 3 or 4 emulators released as a preview of F-Day, and they were awesome. But final ones never made it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Afaik a project from Ryleh. He wanted to release a couple of emulators (13 or so), the so called f series for the GP32.

Regards,
Stephan

I still use my GP32 occasionally, and remember looking forward to f-day. Hopefully it may still happen, as the emulators we saw were great and ran very well, seemingly not being far from completion.

Ryleh is still around, so hopefully we may hear some more about it - especially as there is also the GP32 competition going and interest is still there... :)

If it had happened then the GP32 would have gone out with a bang rather than just gradually fading away as it did. I think the last thing that was ever released for the GP32 was an updated version of MAME.

WhizzBang said:
If it had happened then the GP32 would have gone out with a bang rather than just gradually fading away as it did. I think the last thing that was ever released for the GP32 was an updated version of MAME.
A lot of the last releases came from A600 after the release of the GP2X. He brought both Hexen and Heretic to GP32 in very polished form. :)

In the next days I'll be releasing there many emulators and different software I've done in the past years

Has anything appeared anywhere?

A major shame - hopefully he'll be back someday...

Too bad the source code wasn't released. There were allot of good emus there especially the Gameboy/Gameboy color emu. It would have been nice to have that on the GP2X since the GB emus for that are rough. Seems to be waste of good code. Hopefully someday the sources will be released so they can live again.

DaveC said:
Too bad the source code wasn't released. There were allot of good emus there especially the Gameboy/Gameboy color emu. It would have been nice to have that on the GP2X since the GB emus for that are rough. Seems to be waste of good code. Hopefully someday the sources will be released so they can live again.
He did mention he was creating sourceforge projects for some of his stuff, but I haven't tried to find them yet.

DaveC said:
I tend to agree. I still use Rlyeh's MSX emulator for playing Aleste on my GP32. And the Gameboy emus are fantastic too. In fact the whole set are excellent.

slaanesh said:
DaveC said:
I tend to agree. I still use Rlyeh's MSX emulator for playing Aleste on my GP32. And the Gameboy emus are fantastic too. In fact the whole set are excellent.

Maybe if you or some other noted dev asked him for the sources for those he would give them to you. I really wouldn't see the point of hoarding the code if it will never be used by him again.

This way they could be ported to the Gp2X and Pandora or even the Jiz.

Back