Exult Gp2x 1.2 Beta 1 Available :)

Puck2099

Certified Guru
Website
www.gp32wip.com
Hi,

After lot of time spent in investigation and unsuccesful attempts, I have finished this first version of Exult for GP2X.

What is Exult? It's an interpreter to play one of the best role playing games ever, Ultima VII (in its two parts plus expansions).

fbdump.png

I want to say that this port would not be possible without the priceless help of CHARLIE, thanks dude :)

At the moment, I haven't touched the source code, so the controls don't work. The source code is available to download in Exult's website where you can obtein more information.

To try it, you must unzip the file to the SD's root, so you will have a folder called exult. After that, you must copy Ultima VII original game files in exult/blackgate or exult/serpentisle, depending of your game. If you want to hear the music, you must download this file and this and unzip them into exult/data/music.

When you have everything copied to the SD card, you must execute the file install_exult.gpu from the GP2X's Utilities menu in order to copy configuration data.

As the game don't have control defined, you will not been able to see almost anything if executes the game directly, but if you run sterm and launch the file exult.gpe from it, you will be able to skip intros and menus pushing B button and see the begining of the game (until you have to choose between yes or no in a dialog) to make and idea of its performance.

I have seen some graphic errors, as it doesn't refresh correctly the screen where are painted sprites, but I don't know if it is a problem of the Exult or derived from launching it from sterm. Anyway, there is still some things to work on it, so I hope to fix them in a short time.

You can download the game here.

If you have any doubt, problem or feedback, please, take free to ask me :)

As always, sorry for my bad English :unsure:

Regards

Great work !!

This one of the reasons I bought a GP2X: a portable Ultima 7, my favourite RPG of all times !

Please keep up the good work, and muchissimas gracias !!

I've edited the post with a new screenshot.

The first one I linked was a reescaled image taken from Exult website so it was a bit crappy. This one has been captured directly from GP2X's Exult using fgea's fgrab :)

I think it looks better than the previous one :unsure:

Regards

Nice!! I was going to take a stab at this when I got my gp2x but it seems someone has already taken it up. This Rocks!! If you need help I would be more than willing to join your projects team once I get my gp2x and help out whereever I can. Awesome man.. let's see more great ports from linux like this one. Happy Penguin (linux gaming site)Happypenguins.org

I should have asked for a GP2X for Christmas. Ultima Underworld would be a great port too.

Vimacs posted on Dec 22 2005 at 02:22 PM said:
wow i realy have to clean under my table, thats awful, flashes expose it all :-/

LOL, you really do have one. That's freaky. And yes, the dirtiest place in the house will always be under the computer table. Where you feet spends hours resting against.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just can't figure out how to cram one of those things in my laptop, otherwize i'd totaly be playing space wars right now heh heh heh :p (not like this laptop could go slow enough for that game).

Hehe, "Mini"-Diskette :D

I still have an old 5 1/2" drive lying around somewhere with some discs with the cool games of that time - sadly most of those discs are highly virus infected :D

Back