Expect the new version of snes9xgp soon!

I think this community is rather kind and supporting if you look at some other communities...

ralp99 posted on Aug 24 2003 said:
i don't like what is happening to this scene.
what should be a fun hobby is becoming a lot of bashing and ranting.
"i'm so disappointed, the author sucks, let's take him to court.. wahh wahh wahhhh"

man! no wonder some of the more prolific emu authors have had stunted release schedules lately... it's a shame, hopefully things will turn around across the board.

(more releases + a kinder, more supportive communtiy)

and now I am complaining about complaining
Yeah. We should just be thankful that he's going to release another version.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only thing I was "bitching" about was in the earlier emails he sent to Azure he made it sound like it was going to be full speed with sound and it obviously is not. Also SNES9X is open source and whenever you improve/modify anything open source it is supposed to be released as an open source. Anyway Ralp9 most of the posts I have seen by you, you are bashing someone or flaming so why don't you just shut the hell up. This is a message board meant to express opinions and views so why don't you just leave us alone, Hitler!

SephirothIce posted on Aug 24 2003 said:
The only thing I was "bitching" about was in the earlier emails he sent to Azure he made it sound like it was going to be full speed with sound and it obviously is not. Also SNES9X is open source and whenever you improve/modify anything open source it is supposed to be released as an open source. Anyway Ralp9 most of the posts I have seen by you, you are bashing someone or flaming so why don't you just shut the hell up. This is a message board meant to express opinions and views so why don't you just leave us alone, Hitler!

AMEN to that !

Intelecto, Do the maths

Frameskip 3 + sound does not = full speed emulation

All good things come to those who wait :p

Eventually we WILL get a decent snes emu with a good framerate and sound + frameskip 0 enabled

When do you plan on sending it to the contest?

thanks for reminding me :)
For the next week my internet access will be problamatic, I have no idea.

yup. that's me, Hitler. Kill everybody.

that was pretty quick, thanks for being a good example of the point I was trying to make...

btw if intelecto (or anyone) wants to make some $$ off the work they have done, more power to them! there's no shame in that, if we had more of that sort of thing I bet you this scene would flourish a lot more. GP32 is a relatively small scene and it's been kinda hard to attract talent, so what the heck is wrong with that! Even if it's their chief reason for emu authoring.. I mean obviously, you KNOW he's gotta love what he's doing first and foremost to be even undertaking such an attempt in the first place, but look - the guy's trying to get a job, obviously at this point some $$ would go a long way. Maybe if more authors were outspoken in their requests for donations we'd see more prolific work - but in spite of what people generally seem to intimate, authors aren't usually very vocal about donation requests (if anything, they request bug reports and notes for improvement, and that's about it)

I am disappointed too, it would be nice to play some of my snes favorites on the can... but the hell with it, I'd rather wait awhile as opposed to have an emu never get released cause an author is rather sick of hearing smack getting talked about him all the time.

And S.Ice, I don't know why you accuse me of flaming and bashing, I'd ask you for some examples but I'm not really interested in what you have to say, i've got better things to do with my time then get caught up in an immature argument in a message board (uhhh, contrary to the above lengthy post!) I try to be helpful around here as other people were when I got started, i don't remember jumping down everyone's throat except perhaps maybe the 500th time someone made a post asking "where's my fullspeed genesis emulator, xxx is a shithead for not releasing his betas and source code!"

ok, I got work to do, so I am gonna end this with a little apology to Rodney King "Can't we all just get along!"

-Hitler99

Ok i just ordered my GP two days ago and was looking forward to playing some zelda, mario, and maybe chro no trigger. Now you guys are talking about frame skips of 3 or 4 with sound? Now is this a bad frame rate or is it just skipping so you can barley bnotice it? I mean is it still playable? And you guiys also mentioned how it is in some gpmm directory, why is this bad? Thanks, and also does the nes emulator atleast run a full speed + sound since this one doesnt?
-Thanks

So with a frameskip rate of 4 is that really bad? Im just trying to picture how this new emulator is gonna perform. i mean with no sound will it be fine, and at what point is a frame skip really annoyin g 3, 4, 5?

Neogenetics posted on Aug 24 2003 said:
So with a frameskip rate of 4 is that really bad? Im just trying to picture how this new emulator is gonna perform. i mean with no sound will it be fine, and at what point is a frame skip really annoyin g 3, 4, 5?
It kind of starts to get choppy at 5+. It still should be very playable. The roms still can only stay in the gpmm directory. We don't like this because it is too much of a mess. All the .fxe files go in the gpmm directory. There are already lots of files in there and it kind of makes looking for a rom a little difficult.

You can hexedit it to be a diffent dir, you may as well set it to 166mhz too and get frame skip 2.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

Hehe, so if he doesn't release the source, the emulator will be continued and improved by hexediting? :p

Well... maybe it's easier to port it again ;)

I can live without snes sfx. I dont have headphones on that often anyway and the speakers on the gp32, although better than microscopic speaker on gba, are not much to brag about. Open/Closed source code doesnt matter to me because I dont program and even if I did I wouldnt have the skill to make a snes emulator.

craigix posted on Aug 24 2003 said:
You can hexedit it to be a diffent dir, you may as well set it to 166mhz too and get frame skip 2.

-Craig

www.gbax.com
I don't think that many of us know how to hexedit.

Here's a better translation of the news:

The new version of the emulator is prepared and ready to make itself public, but the programmer is waiting for a public announcement of his participation in the emulation contest of GP32Spain.
I am waiting for his emulation contest participation email so I can make it public, so stay alert, with luck, today we'll have a new SNES emulator..."

I guess he wants maybe gp32x or gp32emu to announce his participation.

Back