Everything Major Is Now Done.. ?

I assume it means Electrical Discharge Machining. I hope it doesn't mean Earthquake Disaster Migitation :blink:

Yes, some of the parts will require it, this is the sort of area where we are using high quality where other devices don't.

This is a prime example of the differences between the Pandora case and fittings and, say, a chinese MP4 player.

craigix said:
Yes, some of the parts will require it, this is the sort of area where we are using high quality where other devices don't.

This is a prime example of the differences between the Pandora case and fittings and, say, a chinese MP4 player.

From reading the Wiki on EDM, I assume you mean "which parts" of the mould "will require EDM", to create the most exact and smooth result. Not the case itself, as it is non-conductive... :p

Last edited by a moderator:
If Pandora has to charge through the mini USB port, this presumably means we couldn't use the mini USB port when the thing is being mains powered.

Loonie said:
If Pandora has to charge through the mini USB port, this presumably means we couldn't use the mini USB port when the thing is being mains powered.
Isn't it possible to create a cable that takes its power directly from an adapter (with more than 500 mA of power) while otherwise serving as a hub? AKA, something similar to what's being done with almost all modern Asus motherboards out there. I'm sure there's gotta be a hub that does that somewhere...

Loonie said:
It doesn't HAVE to charge through USB. It still has the regular plug that you can get a PSP or other AC adapter for. USB charging is just one of the options they were looking into.

Assuming that everything goes smoothly, all of the test units fly through, and mass production starts. I was wondering if the packaging and manuals had been designed and finalised and are also ready for production?

Back