Everything Major Is Now Done.. ?

Bosbeetle said:
greendots said:
It seems no one at the factory producing the 105 boards took a picture and that MWeston still hasn't received the boards as of August 11th. How disappointing...

yeah these smug factory guys not showing us the goodies

The Oompah Loompahs objected.

Last edited by a moderator:
pft we all know that the Grunka Lunkas hunted the Oompah Loopahs to extinction, because they're really 'ard and all that.

did they send in Chip in the end? hope he comes back with his fingers!

Neko said:
- Ordering the power adapters
good point. I think they don't build a adapter. They just take an existing one. So why we don't see a Pic of the final Pandora Power Adapter?
Pix of the official Protective Case and the Final TV-Out Cable would be also nice. (I've ordered booth together with my Pandora so of course I want to see what I've buyed ;) )

fusion_power said:
Neko said:
- Ordering the power adapters
good point. I think they don't build a adapter. They just take an existing one. So why we don't see a Pic of the final Pandora Power Adapter?
Pix of the official Protective Case and the Final TV-Out Cable would be also nice. (I've ordered booth together with my Pandora so of course I want to see what I've buyed ;) )

They haven't decided on what adaptor to use yet. See the PSP Power Supply topic. As for the Final TV Out cable, we might get to see that once MWeston gets a hold of it. However, the Protective Case, I'm pretty sure they haven't really looked into that yet because they have more important things to deal with. But I remember Craig saying a while back that it would probably be similar to the GP2X official case. (the original one)

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
They haven't decided on what adaptor to use yet. See the PSP Power Supply topic. As for the Final TV Out cable, we might get to see that once MWeston gets a hold of it. However, the Protective Case, I'm pretty sure they haven't really looked into that yet because they have more important things to deal with. But I remember Craig saying a while back that it would probably be similar to the GP2X official case. (the original one)

-God Ginrai

It boggles the mind that they've taken money for cases and TV cables and (so on and so forth) and spent time filming odd arthouse videos and making 30-day games in 90+ days, but haven't had the time to actually decide what case and power supply we'll get for our money? Huh? They have more important things to do than decide what we've bought?

Firstly, the posted videos took maybe an hour or two each to make. If we had not made them you would be complaining we didn't post any videos.

The iphone game has nothing to do with the pandora team, it's made my me, ruckage and zod in the spare 30 days I had while 3rd party Pandora work was going on, and I've clearly reduced my work on it now there is Pandora work to do once more, which is reflected in that it's not finished (as you pointed out).

The TV cables are made, they are in a warehouse in China. Michael might actually have one of them, I'm not sure. It's not at the top of the list.

The power supply is just not an issue, there are numerous to choose from and companies keep tens of thousands of them in stock. We just need to choose one. The thread is there to suggest ones you may like for whatever feature.

The case is very similar to the GP2X case, with a Pandora logo.

Monk said:
God Ginrai said:

-God Ginrai

It boggles the mind that they've taken money for cases and TV cables and (so on and so forth) and spent time filming odd arthouse videos and making 30-day games in 90+ days, but haven't had the time to actually decide what case and power supply we'll get for our money? Huh? They have more important things to do than decide what we've bought?

They're deciding on the power supply right now. The things are ranked in order of importance, from custom to generic. Obviously the Pandora and its battery was first. Then it was the TV-out cable. Now it's the power adaptor, and next will be the case. (This is a hardware list, I'm not counting software)

The first two are requirements for the console to work as a portable device. The third is a custom cable to allow a promised feature that they were selling. The fourth is not necessarily needed to operate the system, (As you can go out and buy your own PSP adaptor or a USB cable to charge the Pandora) but they promised it. And the last is not needed to operate the system in any way shape or form, that means that that can be put off until the more important parts are done. Think of it like a Priority Queue.

-God Ginrai

craigix said:
The TV cables are made, they are in a warehouse in China. Michael might actually have one of them, I'm not sure. It's not at the top of the list.

The power supply is just not an issue, there are numerous to choose from and companies keep tens of thousands of them in stock. We just need to choose one. The thread is there to suggest ones you may like for whatever feature.

The case is very similar to the GP2X case, with a Pandora logo.
Thank you for the information. :)
Well I also own a GP2X Case, it's not bad but you can't wear it on a belt or even use it with an power on GP2X (music play for example)
I had hoped to get an case for the Pandora, that is able to still use the Handheld switched on with Lid closed and inside the Case. Holes for the headphone-jacks and the volume-wheel and a belt-clip and such stuff. ^^

arrrgh said:
Will there be localized power adaptors?

Won't be necessary, The Pandora runs on Love.

Bosbeetle said:
arrrgh said:
good question
Yes, a good question that has been asked and answered dozens of times, some very recently. I take pity on new guys that show up, but this question has been asked since you both started posting. I'm ashamed of you now. :(
No search answer: universal power adapter accepts every AC current, from 110 to 220 volt, 50hz and 60hz. It works everywhere. All that's different is the plug, and that's just a cheap replacement part. So yes, they will be "localized".

WizardStan said:
Bosbeetle said:
arrrgh said:
good question
Yes, a good question that has been asked and answered dozens of times, some very recently. I take pity on new guys that show up, but this question has been asked since you both started posting. I'm ashamed of you now. :(
No search answer: universal power adapter accepts every AC current, from 110 to 220 volt, 50hz and 60hz. It works everywhere. All that's different is the plug, and that's just a cheap replacement part. So yes, they will be "localized".
sorry ive seen it asked many times but i never saw a real answer just some assumptions but yeah didnt think it would be a problem just like to know it for sure.

Back