Everything Major Is Now Done.. ?

MrBlais

Website
Visit site
Craig, Everything major is now done. We know this. The boards are done, a lot of the emulators, respectively, are now done... Are we talking about the case here? Have you gotten the photos? Has the CE/FCC cert. been done?

P.S. - Craig's twitter account if anyone hasn't seen..

This means that the case has been handed off to the plastics dudes in China / wherever, and everything is basically out of their hands from here until final assembly.

Also, I think FCC has to be done with a final mass-produced model, so they're waiting for the production run on that.

Yep. We're finally nearing the home stretch. If we're luck we can kiss the TWO MONTHS™ meme goodbye!

Luftwaffles said:
Maybe it will transform into TWO WEEKS™

TwO wEeKs!?

2314598065_d79211639b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What I would like to hear in the last video, after the testing:

"Now I'm sure you're all asking, 'Craig, when will you ship the first units?'

But do you seriously think I'd show you these units if there remained even the slightest chance of more delays?

We shipped them thirty-five minutes ago."

Multiplex said:
What I want from the last video, after the testing:

"Now I'm sure you're all asking, 'Craig, when will you ship the first units?'

But do you seriously think I'd show you these units if there remained even the slightest chance of more delays?

We shipped them thirty-five minutes ago."

You cock! I thought you were quoting something he actually said!

I got all excited. First I was like :eek: but then I was :( Utter disappointment Multiplex! Don't let it happen again.

MrBlais said:
Craig, Everything major is now done. We know this. The boards are done, a lot of the emulators, respectively, are now done... Are we talking about the case here? Have you gotten the photos? Has the CE/FCC cert. been done?

P.S. - Craig's twitter account if anyone hasn't seen..

Craig Rothwell on twitter said:
It's possible that everything major is now done.

Reading comprehension, don't miss the word *possible*. (emphasis by me).

Everything is possible until observed otherwise :). The way I read this, everything except the case mould is ready for mass production. After it finishes, final pandoras can be put togehter with populated boards and newly-reprogrammed nubs and after a bit of testing, sent to their ever so happy owners. Oh how I long for the day.

Enverex said:
You cock! I thought you were quoting something he actually said!

I got all excited. First I was like :eek: but then I was :( Utter disappointment Multiplex! Don't let it happen again.
Fair point. Edited for more clarity for the quick of reading and faint of heart.

Assume a delay until there's a package on your doorstep. Worked for me so far, beginning to grate on me however...

What do you mean by "major"? The things still have to be assembled.

VRAndy said:
What do you mean by "major"? The things still have to be assembled.
Everything is done except:

- Testing the 105 boards
- Producing the other 3895 boards
- Manufacturing the cases
- Ordering the power adapters
- Assembling 4000 pandoras
- CE/FCC testing
- Packaging and shipping

I guess Craig thinks these are minor details :)

Assembling is minor. Making sure the 4000 are all correct is major.

It seems no one at the factory producing the 105 boards took a picture and that MWeston still hasn't received the boards as of August 11th. How disappointing...

greendots said:
It seems no one at the factory producing the 105 boards took a picture and that MWeston still hasn't received the boards as of August 11th. How disappointing...

yeah these smug factory guys not showing us the goodies

Assembling the units is minor in comparison to what we have had to get though.

Same goes for the cases, they just fill the moulds and out come the parts.

If the 105 boards all pass the tests then the next 4000 should be good too.

I think we are almost out the woods, it finally looks like there is an end in sight. It is the end of the beginning though!

Back