Every Neo Geo Game Is Bad Rom Or Romrc??

project86 posted on Jul 11 2006 at 07:18 AM said:
evilmegaman posted on Jul 10 2006 at 02:54 PM said:
What does it mean when you start up the game but it kicks me back to selector with no error?

For me, this happens only when I change the options (hit Y button before selecting your ROM) to include sound, and overclocked to 266. I can usually play for a while, then it dumps me. If I leave it clocked at 200, with no sound (since there is no options for 200mhz + sound unfortunately) then it never dumps me back to the menu.

I assume it has something to do ith overheating? It lets me play for a while, then dumps me... and if I go back to the game again, I don't get to play for very long the 2nd time around. BTW my 1st edition only seems to clock to around 255.

I have tried both with and without options and I have made sure I am not overclocked at all and yet nothing happens still... No other ideas?

EDIT: I have also given MAMEgp2x a shot but I get no ROMs available or something. Anyone know where I am supposed to put the ROMs and if they should be zipped or not?

Last edited by a moderator:
evilmegaman posted on Jul 11 2006 at 01:06 PM said:
project86 posted on Jul 11 2006 at 07:18 AM said:
evilmegaman posted on Jul 10 2006 at 02:54 PM said:
What does it mean when you start up the game but it kicks me back to selector with no error?

For me, this happens only when I change the options (hit Y button before selecting your ROM) to include sound, and overclocked to 266. I can usually play for a while, then it dumps me. If I leave it clocked at 200, with no sound (since there is no options for 200mhz + sound unfortunately) then it never dumps me back to the menu.

I assume it has something to do ith overheating? It lets me play for a while, then dumps me... and if I go back to the game again, I don't get to play for very long the 2nd time around. BTW my 1st edition only seems to clock to around 255.

I have tried both with and without options and I have made sure I am not overclocked at all and yet nothing happens still... No other ideas?

EDIT: I have also given MAMEgp2x a shot but I get no ROMs available or something. Anyone know where I am supposed to put the ROMs and if they should be zipped or not?

*bump* I am really desperate here :(

EDIT: looks like I might have fixed it by deleting everything and putting it all back in. Now gotta wait for the dumpgfx to finish though :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back