Bad Romsets? Gngeo2x

TriggerTime

Still Fresh
I have trying to figure this out for a while now, and have read quite a few tutorials. I have the neogeo BIOS installed correctly, made sure my .zip files and romrc files match, created dump.gfx files for large roms, etc.

When i run Rage2x, it shows my games as available, and the zip files show up in the selector, but when I try to run a game, I get a bad roms error (unkown or unsupported romset. check it and your roms. press any key...)

I have no idea what I could be doing wrong, am I missing something I need to make this work? This is version 7 of Gngeo btw.

You might have the mame roms. You need roms compatible with gngeo. Don't ask me why there's more than one version of dumps, I don't know.

LordFu posted on Sep 8 2006 at 01:18 AM said:
You might have the mame roms. You need roms compatible with gngeo. Don't ask me why there's more than one version of dumps, I don't know.

This is what I did: downloaded Gngeo and unzipped to my sd > created zip files for the romrc files that I wanted to use > copied those files to the rom folder > run gngeo on gp2x > the zip files show up and i can run them but i get the bad romset error and it returns to the rom menu again.

Maybe there is a problem in how I am installing roms?

Last edited by a moderator:
why doesn't everyone chip in and add the MAME romsets to the romrc file? That would surely help everyone out a ton. Is there a reason we don't do that then submit the file to the author to be added to the next release? I've been wondering that for a while now...

LordFu posted on Sep 8 2006 at 01:18 AM said:

Because there was the arcade system, and the home system. Slightly different dumps.

It seems pretty random to me which roms work best with GNGEO. I've had the most luck with roms taken off an XBOX MAME DVD!

Last edited by a moderator:
I always thought GNGEO2X hasn´t any problems with MAME roms. Because the site i downoad my roms from says they are MAME dumps and they work without flaw...

Back