Euro Firmware?

Huxley

Gamera, King of Monsters
Website
www.animeboredom.co.uk
I just recently bought my (non-FLU) GP32 from lik-sang but can't use it until the 29th (my birthday), so I thought I'd prepare myself for that day! I've read up on the registration process, but I'm a little confused by all this talk of Euro firmware. Just a couple of questions:

1. Can/should I use the Euro firmware?

2. Is it much different to the regular firmware?

3. If so, where can I download it?

4. Is there anything I can do (besides signing up to the gamepark site and downloading software/emulators) before I get my hands on the GP32? I'm bored! :(

Thanks - John

hey

i am loking to buy my gp32 from liksang aswell just wondering how much import tax did u get charged

thanks

robox posted on Apr 24 2004 at 02:17 PM said:
hey

i am loking to buy my gp32 from liksang aswell just wondering how much import tax did u get charged

thanks
I wasn't charged any tax at all! I read somewhere else on this forum (think it was a post by Akuma) that they purposefully mark down the cost of the package to avoid customs charges, which seems to be the case (I can't verify since I'm not allowed anywhere near the package <_< ). It did take a while to arrive, however, so if you're in a rush...

Also, the postman left the package sitting outside the front door for anyone to steal :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Huxley posted on Apr 24 2004 at 02:08 PM said:
1. Can/should I use the Euro firmware?

2. Is it much different to the regular firmware?

3. If so, where can I download it?

4. Is there anything I can do (besides signing up to the gamepark site and downloading software/emulators) before I get my hands on the GP32? I'm bored! :(
1. You can use the original one, with mp3 in it. It works good.
But I use the Euro firmware, it loads faster and looks more mature.
Also, when transferring data through GP32, it won't stop every 3mb.

2. Big change is that they left out the mp3 player, and the looks are changed.

3. You can download it, don't know where I got it from. It think from this forum.

4. Hmm, I downloaded all pictures and software I could get.
You can install the link software and the USB driver.
Try some stuff with the gp32-emulator ;)

I also like the movie player a lot, so I converted my DivX movies
to divx 4.12 320*240. Looks nice.

Hope you have fun with you GP32,
and a happy birthday when its the day ! :)

How about using aquafish's multi firmware? It really works well and Yafl is lots faster to use than euro firmware's program browser.
And for commercial games, it still contains pacrom or the european firmware.

TeDaDeS posted on Apr 24 2004 at 04:19 PM said:
Hope you have fun with you GP32,
and a happy birthday when its the day ! :)
Cheers! I'll get the Euro firmware over the regular one...sounds a bit better. Plus I can download an MP3 player separately, right?

How about using aquafish's multi firmware? It really works well and Yafl is lots faster to use than euro firmware's program browser.
And for commercial games, it still contains pacrom or the european firmware.

Is installing the multifirmware as easy as the regular/euro firmware? I was giving this serious consideration because I like the idea of having a custom backgrounds in windups :p

and a tip of mine:
get a 2nd 128mb-sm

I've got one for now, but I'd like to get another for larger movie files (when I have the spare cash!).

Cheers for the suggestions, guys!

The final euro firmware is coming out in May, and it may include other things like gp cinema (which is very useful), so I suggest that you wait a few days after your birthday to upgrade the firmware and upgrade it to the final euro firmware instead of the beta version which is around today. gp32_console

RockOut posted on Apr 24 2004 at 06:27 PM said:
The final euro firmware is coming out in May, and it may include other things like gp cinema (which is very useful), so I suggest that you wait a few days after your birthday to upgrade the firmware and upgrade it to the final euro firmware instead of the beta version which is around today. gp32_console
Damn, can't wait that long! <_<

How easy would it be to upgrade the firmware once I've installed the beta version?

And I was gonna test out the new little GP32 smilie, too: gp32_console gp32_console gp32_console

Heheh.

I'd recommend that you don't flash to the Euro FW as it seems rather incomplete and that you flash to MultiFW and use PacRom (What I use for YAFL), Wind-Ups, or the reg FW in MultiFW.

Note: MultiFW also includes PC-Link.

Installing the multifirmware would involve flashing the ROM, right?

Call me a wuss if you like, but I don't want to do anything risky to my GP32 before I've even had a chance to use it properly...

Back