Ethernet

Deimos

Still Fresh
Is there a chance of these getting an ethernet port onboard? I'd love one of these little babies but I need to kinda justify it as work related.

If you rip out all the important components, pc board, nubs... etc both are possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't this a 'P2'-discussion?

The current generation of Pandoras have the same pcb and case.

No ethernet, cellular etc. possible

If you could get a smaller battery then adding stuff like this would be possible, you could also add something that increases the thickness of the Pandora.

Keep in mind that there are Ethernet ports that fold flat when not in use.

Finally, could the GPIO/UART pins on the EXT connector be used for Ethernet?

If you could get a smaller battery then adding stuff like this would be possible, you could also add something that increases the thickness of the Pandora.

Why would anyone want a smaller battery - unless a revolution has just taken place, smaller battery = reduced capacity. I'm very happy with the 10+ hours I get with my Pandora, there's no way I want to reduce the battery size. This is a major advantage of the Pandora over other devices.

Why would anyone want a smaller battery - unless a revolution has just taken place, smaller battery = reduced capacity. I'm very happy with the 10+ hours I get with my Pandora, there's no way I want to reduce the battery size. This is a major advantage of the Pandora over other devices.
Its called a trade-off

Internal Ethernet is dumb with small USB adapters on the market that do the job just fine.

Internal Ethernet is dumb with small USB adapters on the market that do the job just fine.

that said I ordered some of theses from DX and other sellers... I got only 1 working out of 4, with two of them fully KO and one dropping connection after 30 or so seconds...

I've never had issues with the ones I've tried. Although I bought ones I knew would work on the Pandora Wiki page

Most USB Ethernet adapters are USB 2.0 compliant no need for a HUB. In-fact the ones I choose is a USB Ethernet adapter and a 3-port USB HUB all in one. so I don't hog one for the other.

Back