sebt3

homebrew player (P. & C.)
Website
sebt3.openpandora.org
Hi boys (I always say bys, but I don't forget you girls :p),

What about an efl-based media player ?
Here is your pnd fix.

to enjoy this you'll have to :
1) start it (so it will create its config file in the appdata)
2) edit the enna.cfg (in the hidden .enna directory) to set :
- fullscreen=1
- engine=xrender_x11

So this is enna 0.4.0.
I'll work on this a bit more (removing the need to edit manually the config, update to svn, add many more codec support etc) but not now.

Oh nice. Last time I looked, Geexbox 2.0 still wasn't ready.

Will definitely be trying this out when I get my replacement unit. Our of interest, is Enna an Mplayer frontend?

SomeGuy99 said:
Will definitely be trying this out when I get my replacement unit. Our of interest, is Enna an Mplayer frontend?
For now enna use as backend :
- mplayer
- gstreamer

I plan on enabling vlc backend too some time in the futur

Last edited by a moderator:
sebt3 said:
SomeGuy99 said:
For now enna use as backend :
- mplayer
- gstreamer

I plan on enabling vlc backend too some time in the futur

Not familiar with this but looks sharp. I look forward to checking it out...will give feedback soon, probably just edit this post. Thanks again, you're on fire sebt3! :)

EDIT: The interface is indeed slick! The eye candy motion aspect when changing screens is smooth but may be a little slow (could be the nature of the beast) but I've never used this on a PC based system before. I've only played a few mp3's from it but I really dig it. Thanks for introducing me to this app. I'll play more later and try some video playback etc..... at this point this is going to be my frontend choice for media.

Hm, the hardware-accellerated plugins from TI are for GStreamer.
That would mean, once we have them, the player could use them.

Nice one! Thanks sebt3!

*add this PND to the huge list I want to download when I get my Pandora :)*

xopher said:
The eye candy motion aspect when changing screens is smooth but may be a little slow (could be the nature of the beast)
did you try this :
sebt3 said:
engine=xrender_x11
As even if resterman is realy good at software rastering, there is nothing like hardware acceleration :p (this is a small one)

Evas (the GUI library used here) also have an GLES backend. But this enna release insist on using a specific version of evas and efl (which is 8 month old and dont contain the GLES engine)... (I even had to downgrade m4, autotools because of this...)
Next release (don't expect this next week...) will be based on svn, thus giving us this goodie as well :)

This thing is great, if it gets more fluid with ogles it will be perfect.
But I noticed, that when you have the view, when you play an audiofile the controls are only half. And the top border of the coverimage seems to be missing. See markings in screenshot:

20100709085447546.jpg

Also it seems to have a problem with the calculation of the progressbar. It skips seconds and sometimes shows tracklenghts like 20 mins for a song that is 3 mins.

After seeing mcobit's screenshot I'm now looking forward to this, when the user editing isn't needed. I've had no luck following such instructions to please Anki, seems I've only read access to the NAND flash.

So, looks good. Looking forward to a future pnd that's a bit more usable.

This looks interesting, will try :)
Seems well suited for the Pandora, and looks good.

Back