Encode Videos For Gpcinema2 In Linux

Sonic-NKT

hi im using linux now as the only system on my pc for several month.. never needed windows in this time. But now i wanted to convert some Futurama Episodes to small format to watch them on my gp32 (was so happy about the gpcinema blu+ patch). In windows i used virtualdub, but there is no linux version of that program.. and i cant find something like that. Another thing is, how can i get the right xvid version for linux? ok thanks for any help

sorry to tell you that but you realy have to stick to wine, i tryed it some times in mencoder, the gp32 dosnt like its xvid version, but maybe you can throw the windows codec at it.

I have run virtual dub in wine and it works perfectly, Your best bet is to get it going in wine then install a few codec packs. I also got a version going which allowed me to convert my shows recorded in mythtv to a gp32 format. I found that it worked well with little or no buggyness.

hmm ok.. so which codecs should i install and how (in wine)? just the win exe files..

EDIT1:
ok just started it and it worked (without any codecs) in cedega 4.3 then i installed the xvid codec and ffdshow.. still couldnt open my movies after that, then i installed divx and now virtualdub crashes when trying to load a movie, but it gives a message that it crashed.. no really crash because of wine.

EDIT2:
ok deleted the divx codec files again and it works now like before, but when i look what codecs it can find, it list only Uncompressed, but i have xvid installed :-/

You could try Transcode (using xvid2-codec though I never works on my computer) or give Avidemux [http://fixounet.free.fr/avidemux/] a try (quite similar to VirtualDub but here the same problem with xvid2). The best will be still VirtualDub (I'm not quite sure but you'll have to install the Xvid and Divx-codecs under Windows... Try searching the forums for the right codec)

tried avidemux and it was buggy.. worked one time right and after that not again, also missing codecs...
in installed the codecs with wine (xvid,divx) still virtualdub didnt recognize them

LINUX is best wit out a doubt but why not have a dual boot system if you got da space. I have wit every version of windows you can think of (Dont know why cant think of any benefits for 95/98, guess I leave it there because it doesnt take much space and I like to show off (lol). Just a idea I expect you thought of it already (think of it as the last alternative if all else fails) Only one problem windows doesnt reconise the linux partition but linux reconises the windows (however there is a patch for this -like every thing else out there). Best of luck !!

Back