emu's in progress (?)

clawski

Still Fresh
Website
www.clawdada.cjb.net
The above emulators are at various stages in development, I was wondering if any work is still being done on them, or shall we not be expecting updates anytime soon?

Thanks

for my part i'm working on the neogeopocket emulator and have good result now, i try to do a good version to released it as soon as possible ;)

for my part i'm working on the neogeopocket emulator and have good result now, i try to do a good version to released it as soon as possible

Yes!! Yes!! YES!!!!

That would be excellent! I seem to enjoy the handheld emu's more on the gp32 (e.g.gg games over SMS ). Now if only someone would make a full speed with sound Wonderswan Colour Emu!! :D

The primary reason I check this board twice a day is because I'm waiting for the anouncement that one of the NGPC emulators has actually been released. I read on one of the boards a couple weeks ago that one was "nearly ready" for a playable release. I've been holding my breath ever since B)

From what I've seen of the Lynx emulator, it's just a straight port from a PC version, just hacked around until it compiled and ran. I noticed there were conditional statements which had identical then and else clauses, so I think it was just a case of "can we get it working". Don't think it's being developed anymore.

I don't think anyone cares though.

From what I've seen of the Lynx emulator, it's just a straight port from a PC version, just hacked around until it compiled and ran. I noticed there were conditional statements which had identical then and else clauses, so I think it was just a case of "can we get it working". Don't think it's being developed anymore.

I don't think anyone cares though.

I care!!!!! the lynx kicked so much ass ok it was the size of a small cottage but it had some half decent games, oh to play lemmings or rampage, the lynx version's hold a very dear part in my old nogging,

i say release the lynx emu it would make me happy for a week or two, VERY happy. :)

sensible GP32 posted on Jul 1 2003 said:
I care!!!!! the lynx kicked so much ass ok it was the size of a small cottage but it had some half decent games, oh to play lemmings or rampage, the lynx version's hold a very dear part in my old nogging,

i say release the lynx emu it would make me happy for a week or two, VERY happy. :)
I second that. I have a couple of Lynxs and just about every game (I collect old Atari stuff) but I would love to have a Lynx Emu for the GP32 that runs well. I love my Lynx but the battery life just doesn't quite cut it even with the 6 D cell battery pack. Oh to be able to have all of my games on one card and carry them around in my pocket (not in a carrying bag).

The Lynx had some really good arcade versions of Xybots, Road Blaster, Rampage, KLAX (this one ruled!!), Joust, Pacland, Toki, APB, Stun Runner, Qix, Rygar (I really liked the Lynx Version) Ninja Gaiden, Xenophobe, Raiden and Robotron. Then there were great games like Shadow of the Beast (much better than the ST version), California Games (by far the best version of the game on any system), Slime World, Viking Child, Chips Challenge, Blue Lightning (still impressive with it's scaling), Zarlor Mercenary, Awesome Golf...

Yeah, I care! It would be Awesome to have well running Lynx Emulator on the GP32.

Last edited by a moderator:
The primary reason I check this board twice a day is because I'm waiting for the anouncement that one of the NGPC emulators has actually been released. I read on one of the boards a couple weeks ago that one was "nearly ready" for a playable release. I've been holding my breath ever since

Well actually 34 fps on big game with two frame skip like Capcom Vs SNK and more for the better code game like Metal slug 2 or Dark Arm 37 fps :)

dgnadt posted on Jul 1 2003 said:
sensible GP32 posted on Jul 1 2003 said:

I second that. I have a couple of Lynxs and just about every game (I collect old Atari stuff) but I would love to have a Lynx Emu for the GP32 that runs well. I love my Lynx but the battery life just doesn't quite cut it even with the 6 D cell battery pack. Oh to be able to have all of my games on one card and carry them around in my pocket (not in a carrying bag).

The Lynx had some really good arcade versions of Xybots, Road Blaster, Rampage, KLAX (this one ruled!!), Joust, Pacland, Toki, APB, Stun Runner, Qix, Rygar (I really liked the Lynx Version) Ninja Gaiden, Xenophobe, Raiden and Robotron. Then there were great games like Shadow of the Beast (much better than the ST version), California Games (by far the best version of the game on any system), Slime World, Viking Child, Chips Challenge, Blue Lightning (still impressive with it's scaling), Zarlor Mercenary, Awesome Golf...

Yeah, I care! It would be Awesome to have well running Lynx Emulator on the GP32.
Yeah the lynx had by far the best versions of klax & california games, blue lightning was also cool for it's day and i also have a soft spot for gates of zendecon (even though it's dead easy!)

I'm a Lynx and NGPC fan. Very happy to hear ThunderZ has made such good progress.

I still own 1 Lynx and about 40 Lynx carts. For its time it was a remarkable system. Games like Blue Lightning, Electro Cop, Slime World and Gates of Zendocon were amazing games. Even the big consoles (Genesis etc.) at the time coudln't do the massive sprite scaling effects.

Multiplayer Slime World in particular was an incredible experience. I hope every Lynx owner had the opportunity to try it at least once, the game is lotsa fun in multiplayer.

Wonder if GP32 will get a bonafide, fast Lynx emu someday? It seems not a very popular system for most emu authors for some reason.

im sure someone will pick it up and we'll see something good.. seems like with the GP32 all we gotta do is wait, but soon enough GOOD stuff will come out soon. right now there are a BUNCH of emu's on the edge of release.. thats always nice :)

THUNDER-Z

I bought the GP32 Because of you....... Man.. i nearly wept when you got pissed off and said you were not gonna develop it anymore..... Nice to see you still working on it...!

Used to have a NeoGeo pocket.. love to be able to play it again..!

Shah

Having a NeoGeoPocket , Genesis and Amstrad CPC emulator as well as a better Lynx one would be a real boon for the GP32.

ThunderZ posted on Jul 1 2003 said:
Well actually 34 fps on big game with two frame skip like Capcom Vs SNK and more for the better code game like Metal slug 2 or Dark Arm 37 fps :)

That sounds playable to me! If you need any "beta testers" just let me know :D

The Lynx emu is here , for anyone who feels like they may want a go.

(Just to make the point, I am in no way affiliated with the project, I'm just passing the link along.)

I heard that YoYoFr, was thinking about making a wsc emulator, altough I also heard he might just make a nintendo emulator (nintendo meaning more then one system)

Back