Emulators Crashing , Studderings, And Frezzing (F200 W/ Fw 4.0 & G

hanzou

Still Fresh
I just recently got my GP2X F200 and some of my emulators are constantly acting up. i guess it could be the frontend, but here are the problems/questions-
some emulators wont work at all. GNUboy loads up, but cant find roms at all, and closes when i hit the right button. Lemonboy does the same thing. o2em exits when i select the game. some emulators work fine, but will sometimes freeze completely resulting in me shutting off the system.
is there any alternative frontend where the mentioned emus will work at all?
I'll probably have some more questions if i run into any more problems.

Just to be sure, your firmware version is 4.0.0, right? What other info was in your topic title? (Your topic title got cut off.)

Some of those emulators you didn't list might not work due to the sound frequency issue; either set the sound frequency to a different value, if possible, or use a different emulator or an updated version instead.

Where are your ROMs located for Gnuboy2x and Lemonboy2x? Gnuboy2x doesn't support ROMs that are compressed (i.e. *.zip), and only *.gb and *.gbc. As for Lemonboy2x, it does support zip files.

Listing a few more of the emulators you have problems with would be helpful.

im using the Gmenu2X 0.10 frontend. (that was cutout of the topic somehow)
i haven't tried too many emus yet. alexkidd2x works fine but it froze i think once or twice when i tried to return to the menu. temper did that too when i started a new game on bomberman, but it only happened once. sometimes the thing would just crash randomly trying to get in & out of menus/programs.
as for the studdering, randomly during gameplay on my emulators and games, they would seemingly freeze, but about a second after, the game goes on like normal. it doesn't happen a whole lot, but it's a bit occasional. it's kind hard to go into deep detail on what happened, i guess i might a new frontend to try.

Got the same problem recently when i added a load of gbc roms, gnuboy crash after a while if i keep being in the menu, lemonboy crash randomly when i play games (but i guess this is a emulation issue), others emus seem to work fine and it happend even if i don't launch them from gmenu.

low G man said:
im using the Gmenu2X 0.10 frontend .... i guess i might a new frontend to try.
I have updated to .10 a few months back and I run just about every emulator available. Aside from configuration issues per each emu I have not run into any compatibility issues with the frontend. I have had to chkdsk my SD card several times and even reformat once after encountering lag times and corrupt files. You may want to check the filesystem first and ensure you have a backup so you can restore if necessary. Worst case could be your gmenu2x files are corrupt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back