Emulator Installation

NightBrigade

Still Fresh
I have downloaded the emulators and placed the ini files into the games folder.
However, when I go to the Caanoo there is nothign in Games. When I go to Explore I see the ini files but when I click on them it says invalid.

Somebody please help! I'm very close to just returning this thing as I can't make heads or tails of it.

CKeichel said:
Did you placed the emulator folders also into the game directory?

Yes. I have tried placing the folder with it and without.

After trying a few more, I finnaly got an SNES emulator to come up in the Games folder. When I click on it, however, the screen simply goes black.
The NES emulator I have been trying won't even come up.

Is there anyway somebody can give me a simple, step by step, tutorial?
Sorry if I'm being an annoying "noob" but I guess everybody needs a little help at first.

Last edited by a moderator:
It isn't really complicated. On your SD card should be a folder named game, in this folder you copy the ini file and the folder with the emulator. That's it.

Which SuperNES emulator did you tried? DrPocketSnes seems to have problems with some people on firmware 1.5.0, try Snes9x4c instead.

CKeichel said:
It isn't really complicated. On your SD card should be a folder named game, in this folder you copy the ini file and the folder with the emulator. That's it.

Which SuperNES emulator did you tried? DrPocketSnes seems to have problems with some people on firmware 1.5.0, try Snes9x4c instead.

Thank you!
I got the Snes9x4c and it worked perfectly.
I appreciate the help!

Any recommendations for an NES emulator?

Last edited by a moderator:
The only one available right now is rather slow, so no recommendations at the moment.

Back