[Emulator] 8Blitter (MasterSystem/Gamegear/Gameboy)

Lordus

Website
Visit site
8Blitter is a MasterSystem/Gamegear/Gameboy emulator. None of the emulators is a port, or using existing code.

There are surely better emulators out there for each individual system, but i have been sitting on this for a while, so i thought, why not release it, as it has some useful features:

- Rewind and Fast Forward
- OpenGL ES rendering rendering/scaling on Wiz, which looks quite nice and eliminates tearing
- Hopefully, a nice interface
- In-game savestate menu with live preview of savestates
- Game selection menu with touchscreen keyboard search function
- Game selection menu shows total play time, and available saves

Currently, only the Wiz version is available. I have a working Pandora version, but it needs a bit more work. I hope i can release it this weekend.

For more info, see readme in the archive.

I've uploaded the archive to the compo ftp, but here is a direct download:

8Blitter_Wiz.zip

Update:

I uploaded a first Pandora version. It still needs some work, especially the scaling, but i will improve it, when i find the time.

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=8blitter.lordus

Attachments

• 8Blitter_Wiz.zip
    418.5 KB · Views: 7,328
Last edited by a moderator:
iprice, how about Psychic World? I loved that game. Playing with the elements that you acquire in this action platformer puzzler.

Psychic World is an amazing game but quite annoying at times :p  Psychic world works fine in Picodrive though. 

Its near impossible to beat Psycho Fox in PicoDrive as there's no Pause button input ;) so I to am looking forward to this

Just tried the Wiz version. Very good emulator with a nice menu. Thanks a lot. :)

You should also post the good news here...

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/forum/88-news-zone-gph/

PS: An option for key configuration would be great. I would like to swap X/B for SMS/GG.

PS2: I'm considering to update the emu pack and include this emulator.

Psychic World is an amazing game but quite annoying at times :p  Psychic world works fine in Picodrive though. 

Its near impossible to beat Psycho Fox in PicoDrive as there's no Pause button input ;) so I to am looking forward to this
Well, try Meka, even if the sound is not yet very good, all buttons can be mapped, so it should work perfectly (I now it start, but I haven't played it yet).

If you use sdl, you can use notaz hardwarescaling instead of gles. Might be even faster.

If you use sdl, you can use notaz hardwarescaling instead of gles. Might be even faster.
Already using it, GLES is only used on the Wiz at the moment.

The 'Original' scaling mode does only 2x hardware scaling and looks fine, the others first do an ugly software scaling and then 2x hardware, so they don't look so nice. I just need a bit of time to get it up to the level of the Wiz version.

Just tried it.... it's amazing :) really cool menu and games work fine ( only tested a few )

Is it possible that you implement different color palettes for Gameboy ?

Tried it with some GG games and I must say this is a very good emu !! It's fast and I like the interface.

I just have a little complaint about the scaling... the "aspect" one is a little too much pixellated... I prefere the lightly blurred version that uses Mednafen

Thanks! The Wiz has been lacking a good native SMS/GG emulator. Please don't abandon support of the Wiz version in favor of a Pandora version.

Also, it would be massively appreciated if you could upload it to OpenHandhelds.org's Wiz emulators downloads section, as that's the most well-known Wiz downloads archive that I'm aware of: http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/wiz.cgi?0,6,0,0,71

Thanks! The Wiz has been lacking a good native SMS/GG emulator. Please don't abandon support of the Wiz version in favor of a Pandora version.

Also, it would be massively appreciated if you could upload it to OpenHandhelds.org's Wiz emulators downloads section, as that's the most well-known Wiz downloads archive that I'm aware of: http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/wiz.cgi?0,6,0,0,71
I just uploaded it.

Actually, i spent quite a bit of time on the Wiz version about 3 years ago, it has a lot of Wiz specific optimizations, and i am pretty happy about the scaling, I just never released it.

The Pandora version is practically just a quick port.

If there are any updates to the core, or new features, i will try to update both versions (have a Caanoo version, too, but i am not so keen on getting it up to the same level).

For now, i will just improve the scaling on Pandora.

Hello , I just downloaded 8blitter and just have one tiny question : do you have to do anything to the sega master system roms ? thanks in advance

Back