[Emulator] 8Blitter (MasterSystem/Gamegear/Gameboy)

One thing I noticed is that in fullscreen mode there is significant slowdown for gg games. Fantastic emulator otherwise.
Can't reproduce that unfortunately. I get no slowdowns for anything above 200MHz in fullscreen for GG games. Which renderer did you use, and which game. Is this on the newest version 0.6.5?

i have a wiz and the emulator freezes in loading when i click the .gpe

maybe the firmware? sorry to post this here but i see you are online here

Thanks for this great emulator :)

There's a bug with Golden Axe Warrior on the Pandora version. The character doesn't rotate when i move it.

One thing I noticed is that in fullscreen mode there is significant slowdown for gg games. Fantastic emulator otherwise.
Can't reproduce that unfortunately. I get no slowdowns for anything above 200MHz in fullscreen for GG games. Which renderer did you use, and which game. Is this on the newest version 0.6.5?
Tails Adventures..newest pnd  version with renderer at frame buffer ; however it did work perfectly fullscreen with openGL ES. So problem solved.  ;)

Thanks.

Last edited:
Tried some GG games with openGL ES, at 600mhz and I didn't found issues or slowdowns  :)

Updated again, with Neon Scale2X and Eagle2X scalers. Only works at the moment, if renderer is set to OpenGL ES.

the 1.1.0  do you think that is it the problem?
I am running it on 1.2.1 and i know it also worked on 1 or 2 revisions before that. But it's doing some nasty things, so it might well be the reason, that it crashes for you.

Will try to find a solution, that works on all Pandoras. In the meantime, you could try adapting the shader Default.8bs in 'appdata/8blitter.lordus/plugins'.

if you switch

gl_Position = vec4(a_position.x, a_position.y, 0.0, 1.0);

to

gl_Position = vec4(a_position.y, a_position.x, 0.0, 1.0);

it should be rotated back.

If any of the directions is mirrored then, you could try adding -1* to either coordinate like:

gl_Position = vec4(a_position.y, -1.0*a_position.x, 0.0, 1.0);

Update:

I just saw an image of how it's rendered sideways, and adapting the shader won't work for that.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks lordus, i wait for long time a gg emulator for wiz

i wlll upgrade to the 1.2.1

I can't seem to get Audio to work the appropriate country.. 

For example EU audio should be much slower than USA. 

I can't seem to get Audio to work the appropriate country.. 

For example EU audio should be much slower than USA. 
I think the region option doesn't do anything to the timing at the moment.

GameBoy Audio doesn't sound correctly, some notes and effects are off.
Yes, as said, the gameboy emulation was just added as an extra, on which i probably didn't spend more than 4-5 days.

It kinda works, but has a few issues, like sound, GBC games that don't boot and also timing issues.

There are quite a few very accurate and complete Gameboy emulators available, so i don't know if it would really be worth it, to invest more time in it.

If i find the time, i might look into improving the sound and get a few more GBC games to boot at least.

Thanks Lordus, great emu.

I agree with your Gameboy sentiment, as I'm using this for SMS/GG only. I didn't even bother to add any GB roms to test it out, as I knew there where other emu's  that where more up to the task.

Chris

Despite these issues, it's the best Gameboy emulator available. For some reasons, this very popular console lacks of love on Pandora.

So, any more updates is gladly welcomed.

i have a wiz and the emulator freezes in loading when i click the .gpe

maybe the firmware? sorry to post this here but i see you are online here
Just a thought (also posted this on GP32X), but sometimes if an application underclocks the Wiz too far, some units (not all) will freeze.

Lordus, does this emulator underclock the Wiz when it opens?  If so, it might be better to revise it so that it leaves the clock speed at the default Wiz menu clock speed.  I had problems with AlexKidd2X on my Wiz because of that, and I had to get my hands on the source code and fix it myself before it would run at all (and then I found out Game Gear games ran in a postage-stamp sized window and none of the scaling options worked, so I abandoned it).

Lordus, does this emulator underclock the Wiz when it opens?  If so, it might be better to revise it so that it leaves the clock speed at the default Wiz menu clock speed.  I had problems with AlexKidd2X on my Wiz because of that, and I had to get my hands on the source code and fix it myself before it would run at all (and then I found out Game Gear games ran in a postage-stamp sized window and none of the scaling options worked, so I abandoned it).
No, it doesn't. You can set the clockspeed in the menu, and then it will start next time with that speed, but on first load it will not alter the cpu clock.

No, it doesn't. You can set the clockspeed in the menu, and then it will start next time with that speed, but on first load it will not alter the cpu clock.
Alright, I was just making sure.  I haven't tried it yet, but that's just something I thought of when iii said it was freezing on his Wiz when it opens.

Back