Alexkidd2X

jmetal88

Erm.... Woohoo!
Website
mikesweb.exofire.net
So, I'm having this deal happen where AlexKidd2X freezes on the rom selection screen on my Wiz.

I'm thinking it's the same deal as with DrPocketSNES, in that it's underclocking and my ThinkGeek Wiz can't handle it.

Does anyone know where the source code is so somebody (maybe even me) can try changing the menu clock speed to something more compatible?

I would just use PicoDrive, but in my opinion, the GameGear version of Sonic Chaos is much better than the Master System version, so I'd rather play that. PicoDrive massively screws up GameGear graphics.

Yup, the menu sets the clock speed to 120mhz. I'm just going to try commenting out the line so the clock speed doesn't change, and hope that helps. Right now, I'm waiting on the SDK to download. I have the OpenWiz SDK installed already, but the Makefile for this clearly references the official SDK, so I think I'd better get it to minimize the chance of error here.

Actually, nevermind, I don't think it is using the official SDK.

Hmm, I recompiled it with Open2X, with that line commented out. It doesn't freeze on ROM selection anymore, but now it freezes after you start the game.

EDIT: Actually, it's not freezing, it's just stopping at a black screen for some reason. The Wiz will still shut down if I press the power switch briefly.

EDIT 2: Figured it out, I was selecting a screen resolution it didn't like.

If anyone wants the new binary, send me a PM.

I thought about putting together a release, but now that it's running, I find the emulator to be extremely unimpressive.

It's too bad rlyeh decided to fade into the background, or we might have been able to convince him to port fSMS32 over from the GP32. Now that was a good emulator for Game Gear.

The PicoDrive author is still around I think, so it might be worth contacting him about Game Gear emulation issues on the Wiz.

Eh, I guess for now I'll just play the SMS version of Sonic Chaos. I guess it's not really 'inferior', it just does some things differently. Higher resolution but fewer colors, less voices in the music, little bit more slow-down in areas with lots of sprites, etc.

Back