Email Clients?

ekianjo

Hardcore Member
Hello everyone,

I see that in the repo there is only clawsmail for email clients, and from what I can recollect there was a strong warning NOT to install clawmail from first-time owners since it fills up the NAND. Has this problem been addressed ?

If not, is there any other alternative ? Apparently noone has ported Thunderbird ?

It's a shame there's not a wider choice of clients, since there is a Keyboard on Pandora..

On Android I use K9 mail, and as far as I know it is open source - could it be ported ?

http://code.google.com/p/k9mail/

There is no problem using claws if your accounts are set as imap.

If you're going to use pop3 sylpheed will be better.

No, it's just that imap downloads nothing by default, all stays on the server.

My impression (and i could be mistaken) was that the original issue with Claws Mail was due to the fact that it was included in early versions of the firmware, so it was installed in NAND and naturally stored its data in NAND.

I would be very surprised if this is an issue with the current PND version.

- Neelix

I have the latest Claws Mail installed and the NAND is entirely safe.

I'm not certain if this was due to an update in Claws Mail itself or if it's because libpnd redirects the HOME directory. Either way, there is no problem using it now.

I'm not certain if this was due to an update in Claws Mail itself or if it's because libpnd redirects the HOME directory. Either way, there is no problem using it now.
My first release of it wasnt nand safe, the newer one (which is old by now) is indeed nand safe ;)

I tried sylpheed and it works perfectly, putting messages in the SD card and not the NAND. However, the screen is very crowded... and unfortunately not very well adapted to the screen size.

Yes, you have to customize it to remove all useless stuff.

After that it's much better.

I tried sylpheed and it works perfectly, putting messages in the SD card and not the NAND. However, the screen is very crowded... and unfortunately not very well adapted to the screen size.
Sorry for bringing up this up again. How did you managed that? I pointed sylpheed to save on SD (in the very first setup dialog box) but it still caches all mail on NAND on this hidden.sylpheed folder. just an unused mailbox-folder-hierarchy was created on the SDcard.

Claws mail is putting everything nicely in appdata, so should sylpheed

I like sylpheed because of its auto mailaddress completing

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for bringing up this up again. How did you managed that? I pointed sylpheed to save on SD (in the very first setup dialog box) but it still caches all mail on NAND on this hidden.sylpheed folder. just an unused mailbox-folder-hierarchy was created on the SDcard.

Claws mail is putting everything nicely in appdata, so should sylpheed

I like sylpheed because of its auto mailaddress completing

I did not do anything special, it stores everything in appsdata right out of the box with me - all messages are saved on SD card folder - did you have a look at the preferences just in casE?

I studied them, still possible that I missed something :)

appdata for sylpheed just shows me gtk-2.0 folder and an something.ini in there.

I installed it several times and deleted all connected folders.

It directly puts the cache to my home folder

the repo version served by PND-Manager

At least that should be the repo version?

Back