Ed, Craigix, Mweston - Anyone

htl2001 said:
Is there a way to make it display estimated time to a full charge?
Yes, but Notaz decided it would confuse people too much when they thought it was still reporting time until empty. Based on some of the posts in this topic, I fully understand his decision now.

htl2001 said:
Also, does it do this if its on USB power but is drawing more than the USB provides, or does it just give an estimate at like 30 hours?
I haven't tested this but if it just reports 00:00 for any charging, then that's all it will say even if the battery is discharging to meet system load. That's a good question for Notaz. If it is discharging when it thinks it should be charging, it might be nice to change the time to something accurate.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the case of charging, I've normally seen the timer go away, but tooltips/right click show full text of "Charging, estimated full in xx:xx" etc
I've also seen it display the time to charge in a different color, or in (xx:xx) format

Is this display option configurable or a code change?

MWeston said:
htl2001 said:
Yes, but Notaz decided it would confuse people too much when they thought it was still reporting time until empty. Based on some of the posts in this topic, I fully understand his decision now.

my macbook does it too and i would love it on my pandora ;)
not shure about iphone etc. but for me it sounds like a nice feature

maybe as an opt-in feature, something you actually have to activate in the options in order to get it. That way, those that aren't aware of it don't get confused when the time is counting down when they swear they're plugged in, but it's still available for those that understand it.

MWeston said:
htl2001 said:

Maybe this shouldn't be the default setting, but I'd love the option for it.

can i ask, do you guys get 12 hours doing anything other than leaving it sit with wifi disabled and the lid closed?
i get about 5 or 6 while using it to play games / watch videos with wifi off.

and then it takes about 6 or 7 hours to charge back up again.
is this the same for everyone?

Back