Charging Issues

gibberish

the red light on my pandora only comes on 1 in 10 times after plugging the charger in. if i leave it charging it randomly stops and runs the battery out before charging to 100%. same thing happens with usb too, so it aint the charger itself.

anyone got any tips?

edit: it seems to work more reliably if i power off the pandora before plugging the power in. let's see if it'll charge properly now.

my pandora won't charge at all anymore.
it recognises that the cable is plugged in because it boots up when i plug it, but it won't charge. and no amount of plugging and unplugging will make it charge.

what should i do?

Maybe the battery contacts aren't aligned properly. You could try putting a few layers of toilet paper on top of the battery before closing the battery compartment(see Tweaks Thread). Did you have other problems with the battery in the past, for example did it discharge itself when not in use?

thanks for the info. i was about to try it but gave it one last go and now it's charging (i honestly tried about 50 times before it decided to work). next time it plays up i'll try the tissue trick. ta :)

I managed to provoke some odd behaviour in the charger (as did urjaman) with a preemptive tickless kernel, so maybe there is somethign there to fix - gut so long as you give it a couple of seconds to detect the charger, the LED ought to come on.

I found that even if the LED did not come on, the monitor still detected charging.
Code:
cat /sys/class/power_supply/bp27500-0/current_now
if it is charging from the mains, you should see a positive number, about 650000 (total current from the charger is 1A)

So, maybe it is charging, but the OS has not noticed.

tsh said:
I managed to provoke some odd behaviour in the charger (as did urjaman) with a preemptive tickless kernel, so maybe there is somethign there to fix - gut so long as you give it a couple of seconds to detect the charger, the LED ought to come on.

I found that even if the LED did not come on, the monitor still detected charging.
Code:
cat /sys/class/power_supply/bp27500-0/current_now
if it is charging from the mains, you should see a positive number, about 650000 (total current from the charger is 1A)

So, maybe it is charging, but the OS has not noticed.
I never noticed this with the normal kernel, it seems that even though the PWM LED driver was faulty, only enabling preemtion (or scheduler debug, thats what gave me the BUG() message) caused it to totally fail in basic charge status LED changes. Anyways, I point you to there -> http://bugs.openpandora.org/index.php?do=details&task_id=143&project=1&pagenum=2 :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Back