eBook viewer

r0lf

From what I can gather.... an eBook is some kind of .html implementation similiar to a help file.

I've grabbed a couple of different types down off the net but I can't seem to get them to load into the freeviewer or viewer in Wind-ups.

By 'eBook' support does gamepark mean.. 'plain text file' support? Since that is all I have managed to load.

Being the noob I am, I am prolly just feeding them the wrong format of eBook, does any one have any details on which format(s) supported and how to make it work?

I am building a (win32) app that grabs down a bunch of my favorite news / weather sites and builds a single text file to download to the gp every morning. It'd be nicer if could i include some formatting / images, so I figured the eBook support would be useful.

TIA

on the "groups" people post ebooks in several formats. .lit (microsoft reader), .pdb (peanut press reader) . rtf (fancier .txt file) .pdf (adobe acrobat) .doc (ms word).

The only reader i have managed to get going is the one in windups where i have to fettle the files to .txt file which kreader understands.

There are apps to change from one fomrat to the other, some work better than others. if you need a hand drop me a line here and i'll gve you my msn number or whatever.

r0lf posted on May 9 2003 said:
I am building a (win32) app that grabs down a bunch of my favorite news / weather sites and builds a single text file to download to the gp every morning.
Nice idea :)

Im using serence klipfolio (kinda cool cos gp32emu supports it) for that sort of thing, but it only displays the info on my PC. When/if you release your app please post a link, sounds like something Id use :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Here you go....

I got to spend an hour or so this arvo building something... unfortunately I just broke the routine that builds a simple text file, for now, you'll have to make do with images.

Basically, it maintains a list of websites, lets you define a region on each that will be made into a jpeg grab. Once you have a list of sites and regions, all you need to do is hit 'Run' and it will supply you with a folder full of jpeg grabs. I've tested the jpegs with GPFM and they are quite readable / usable.

So now I can read the news on me GP32.

GP32 Web grab thingy
(needs; win 2k / winXP, IE, and screen res => 1024x768)

...ouch baaad choice for archive name! :lol:

Still a big time work in progress, and I won't get much spare time to revisit it for some weeks.

If anyone decides to actually use it, I'd welcome feedback. When I fix the plain text support back up I'll let you know. For now, it works good enough for me. In the end I decided the images were 'nicer' to read than the plain text file.

Have fun...

i have to say this idea is really interesting i hope you develop this further.

Many thanks

very cool idea, i'd probably use something like that for collecting various news together seeing as I have no where near enough time to trawl every news site

Back