html viewer for gp32?

dj jesus

Still Fresh
Is there an html viewer for gp32? i know you can convert html to text but it's kinda nice to have html formatting, i have a lot of html ebooks that i usually like to read on my rca ebook but it'd be nice to try em out on gp32 too and maybe give the ebook to my girlfriend ;)

Not as far as i know, Although there has been a lot of talk about people wanting one, Which would be blood great. :)

There is a program for download (made by someone who posts on this forum, I forget who) that grabs web pages off the net and saves them as pictures (jpeg`s i think). I have tried it myself, But found it very confusing to use. :blink: :(

So all i do now (at the moment, While waiting for a html viewer for the GP32) is use a program called irfanview (A freeware picture viewer) to grab the web pages as jpeg`s in the browsers fullscreen mode, Then read them with GPFM`s picture viewer. You could use any screen grabbing progam. I know its long winded, But it`s the best we`ve got until one come about. ;)

Just my 2p

Trooper

Personally I'd like to see someone expand the usability of the GP32 port, such as installing the necessary drivers straight from the GP32 or enable it to access the web online and other features. Currently it's just a connection from your computer to your SMC, but seeing that this is the only handheld that can actually connect to a computer (if you guys know of any others, I'm considering the major handhelds only) it would be great if the USB features could be expanded.

Does anyone know what protocol that the RF module for the GP32 uses? Is it 802.11b, bluetooth? Because it would be awesome to make a web browser for the GP32 that uses the RF module to communicate with you wireless router!

The RF uses...well RF very basic but it does the job ;)

Nice to see u on here tighe

1 thing i am gonna do is make a few gp32 to pc cables using the serial ports on each system so if u have a RF game u just find some1 on the net to play with then the serial data is sent 2 the pc then transmitted onto the net then when it gets to the other pc it transmitts it on the serial port which in turn makes the net be a BIG rf link ;)

still working on this but the good thing is the RF is slow so a 56k modem should keep up fine no lag or hardly any lag :)

but this could be used for internet you would have to be connected to the pc but thats all good i wouldnt mind playing a rf game or surfing the net on my gp32 on the bed just have a long enough cable for the gp32 ;)

:ph34r:

What up NIN! :D

I did some looking on the NET and found that the GP Link communicates on 2.4 Ghz ISM band, which is the same range that 802.11b wireless routers communicate on!

It may be possible to set up a (slow) wireless link between a GP32 and a Wireless Router for internet access.

I will continue to look for more specifications and post them on my site. If it is possible I will start working on porting Mozilla to the GP32.

Or you you thing it would be better to port a VNC client? It certainly would be easier. :lol:

Make something like the web browser for dreamcast! Something that can view flash, gifs, etc.. I use the dreamcast for internet whenever our cable is down, works just fine because I have a mouse and keyboard for dc. But it would be hard to op a browser on gp32 if there is no keyboard or mouse, only a joystick and 6 buttons...

Ranma13 posted on Jul 2 2003 said:
Personally I'd like to see someone expand the usability of the GP32 port, such as installing the necessary drivers straight from the GP32 or enable it to access the web online and other features. Currently it's just a connection from your computer to your SMC, but seeing that this is the only handheld that can actually connect to a computer (if you guys know of any others, I'm considering the major handhelds only) it would be great if the USB features could be expanded.
Only prob with the USB port is that its a slave and not a master, meaning that whatever it was plugged into would need a power source and a powered USB hub.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if you couldn't get access to the net i think a browser would b cool. You could just save the pages you wana c in .mht or sumthin then read em on your gp.

Actually connecting to the internet and doing any kind of useful browsing on the GP32 would be extremely difficult and really only good for it's "neat-o" factor.

However, having a simple program to just view saved HTML files would be very useful. I have quite a few e-books in HTML format that would take entirely too long to convert. Since the GP32 is clearly capable of displaying text, JPGs, and GIFs, there's no reason it can't be done. It's just a matter of somebody doing it, and it's probably a hell of a lot of work.

Back