Duke2x Atomic

Slinkiroth

Still Fresh
Website
www.verchiesoft.co.uk
Hey there everybody! I got my GP2x yesterday and got duke2x running perfectly! (well, without music...)

Anyway I'm wanting to play the Atomic edition but I cannot install the game onto my computer... or my older computer as "You need 8MB of RAM" or something like that. Could someone host the file somewhere? or give me any advice at all? I've tryed running in windows 95 mode... nothing works! Please help me! Thanks in advance.

Vimacs posted on Sep 20 2006 at 05:01 PM said:
works fine even under xp here, also the files are uncompressed on the cd afaik, just copy them over.

Well, what he was realy saying was:

Help...i don't have the original and want it bad.....please help.

All Duke Nukem games install just fine when running in win95 compatability mode. And you could also try copying all the files to your harddrive first, as you cannot write any setting (concerning compatability mode) to the cd :) . Or just create a shortcut on your desktop to the exe on the cd and run that in compatability mode.

You shouldn't request any files on the forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay the version that I have is called "Plutonium Pak" - I'm sure this contais the atomic edition just with a few extras such as screen saver etc. I cannot find the files located on the disk... Has anyone else managed this with the plutonium pak or will i need to buy the atomic edition?? thnaks.

The plutonium pak is an upgrade to 1.3 which turns it into the atomic edition. I've never seen the files so I don't know if they need extracting or not.

Slínk posted on Sep 20 2006 at 11:29 PM said:
Thanks for the help guys, I tried copying the files from the disc and running in 95 mode then but still no luck. I guess i'll continue my search for the proper Atomic Edition...

Did you also set the file attributes to not include read only? When you copy files from a cd they tend to have this attribute set.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back