2 Things

irish rebel

Still Fresh
First I got my sons gp2x yesterday I installed snes and nes emulators they worked great all roms great , I created a roms folder and then inside of it a nes and snes folder with all the roms absolutely great. I installed
Genesis: DrMDx and it works except I cannot get a rom loaded where should I place the roms so that Genesis: DrMDx will see them?
Secondly Im finding that when I installed 2quake or duke nukem I get a black screen are there any other files I need to install to get them running?

irish rebel posted on Jul 13 2006 at 02:37 PM said:
First I got my sons gp2x yesterday I installed snes and nes emulators they worked great all roms great , I created a roms folder and then inside of it a nes and snes folder with all the roms absolutely great. I installed
Genesis: DrMDx and it works except I cannot get a rom loaded where should I place the roms so that Genesis: DrMDx will see them?
Secondly Im finding that when I installed 2quake or duke nukem I get a black screen are there any other files I need to install to get them running?
Make sure the Roms are not zipped for DrMDx

Last edited by a moderator:
Nickmon posted on Jul 13 2006 at 09:38 AM said:
irish rebel posted on Jul 13 2006 at 02:37 PM said:

They are not zipped just regular roms where should I put them on the disk so that the emulator will see them?

Which version of DrMDx are you using? In the newest version you can set your rom directory to whatever you want. Go to Select Rom<Megadrive, and you'll see the contents of whatever directory DrMDx is in. Navigate to the directory that contains your roms. Back out to the main menu, go to Megadrive Options. There's a setting in there that says something about "Current Rom Directory". Select that, and it will remember where your roms are.

for quake and duke3D you need a cab file from the original game. You can use the one from the shareware version even. Look in the readme it will tell you the file. If that doesn't help let us know.

Thanks guys that did it I am amazed at how great this gp2x runs I have snes with 40 roms and nes with 60 roms mame with 100 roms and sega with 100 roms all fps are high 50-60 fps all games run great, divx movies and ogg files play great , funny though even though its linux which is what i use at home when I connect gp2x and my pc nothing shows up , but really a great handheld.

Nickmon posted on Jul 13 2006 at 08:38 AM said:

What version of DrMD are you talking about?
I am using DrMDv5b5 and all of my roms are zipped! I have no problem with it seeing all of them. :huh:

Back