Duke Nukem Forever? Not anymore!

rx_shorty: source? I'm starting to doubt that this is true. There is no offical statement on the offical homepage, expect a short "Goodbye" without a press-statement and a picture were everybody is smiling about loosing their job. Most developers say 3D Realms is going down on their blog, release exclusive artwork, but don't seem to have a clue what they will do next etc. - this looks like a huge joke to me. The only person to really "confirm" is joe siegler (?), who isn't even in the position to say something like that. If it was really true he would surely been kicked out of the forum already because its not his job.
I'm expecting an "always bet on duke" trailer soon with a specific release date for DNF. Also this project is like a child for most developers - they wouldn't give up that easily I guess. I would expect that they continue with the project even if 3D Realms is dead.
//Edit: Just had an idea - 3D Realms closing down wouldn't really mean that DNF is dead nor that the whole dev-team is thrown out. It could also mean: Hey guys, we tell em 3DR is dead, yet we join apogee again :)

arrrgh said:
But I thought they were wtill developing the trilogyy game or whatever...
That's the new Apogee making a trilogy of Duke games for handhelds based on Duke Nukem Mobile (which debuted on the Zodiac back in the day...).

Back