Duke Nukem Crash?

TylerAW

Anybody else tried Duke Nukem the original side-scroller in dosbox? I got it running and sound was working but before I could configure the controls it freezes my Pandora.

Also is there any long term solution for default.conf changing back to default settings because it is really annoying?

Just use the PND version of Duke , it's better than in dosbox.

And use the data files from the GOG version ;) Works like a charm.

I used to have issues with Duke Nukem II in dosbox even on a regular PC, would lock up. I don't remember too much problems with the Original...

Its working fine here. I'm almost through the 3rd episode and I've never had it lock up on any episode.

What have you tried? I would start with deleting the dosbox appdata folder. Are you overclocking at all? I don't think my Pandora has ever been clocked over 500mhz while playing Duke. You might also want to try a different sd card. Or maybe your copy of Duke is corrupted. Have you tried each of the episodes? Maybe the first episode is corrupt and the others are fine.

I am also curious about the default.conf issue. Anyone know why this happens?

Its working fine here. I'm almost through the 3rd episode and I've never had it lock up on any episode.

What have you tried? I would start with deleting the dosbox appdata folder. Are you overclocking at all? I don't think my Pandora has ever been clocked over 500mhz while playing Duke. You might also want to try a different sd card. Or maybe your copy of Duke is corrupted. Have you tried each of the episodes? Maybe the first episode is corrupt and the others are fine.

Are they called episodes? You are aware I'm talking about the original dos games the sidescrollers?

Are they called episodes? You are aware I'm talking about the original dos games the sidescrollers?

I assumed you were talking about this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke_Nukem_(computer_game)

title_em.jpg

It is split into 3 different episodes. Episode 1 is titled "Shrapnel City." Episode 2 is titled "Misson: Moonbase." Episode 3 is titled "Trapped in the Future." When you load the game it should say the episode name on the bottom of the title screen, like the picture above.

Is this what you meant?

Assuming we are on the same page, you could try the shareware version from here.

How do I get the Dpad to work in this game lol? It is as if it only recognizes half of the Dpad controls or something.

Back