Duke Nukem 3d 0.04

rokdcasbah said:
there was a button combo that i hit that locked me out of the menu. i forget what it was now, it came from canceling out of one of the options like settings or load game or something. will try to reproduce i guess. but it's not really a big deal.

woogal said:
mmuhack wouldn't make any difference. Duke3d doesn't use the upper memory, and you can underclock and it will still be full speed anyway. Aspect ratio looks fine to me (round things look round) and it's hardcoded to 320x240. Yes, I've noticed that sounds are sometimes a little strange. Not sure if it's because I'm using a different build of sdl_mixer or if it's always been like that.
i notice some pixel-doubling weirdness, at least with the HUD on the bottom. maybe it's normal though? it's been quite a while since i played duke 3d on the computer.

Probably because the screen is stretched from 320 x 200. Maybe a future version could have a 1:1 letterboxed option?

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the update woogal. looks good. but all my sound is distorted in this version and i no longer get any music. :(

thefunkygibbon said:
thanks for the update woogal. looks good. but all my sound is distorted in this version and i no longer get any music. :(

Check the readme. You have to copy and edit timidity.cfg now to get music (before I was using my own build of sdl_mixer that was altered to set the default timidity location to /mnt/sd/timidity, and now I'm using the latest open2x version that has the default set to somewhere different). I'm also wondering if the new sdl_mixer is also the cause of the sound pitch problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back