Duke Nukem 3d 0.04

woogal

Certified Guru
Website
gp32.sector808.org
http://www.sector808.org/wiki/gp2x:duke3d

Cutscene movies now work (used to cause black screen crashes before).
Because movies work, this means episode 4 (The Birth) is now playable.
Function of A and B buttons switched to match other software.
Pressing 'back' (was B, now A) on the main menu no longer locks the game out.
Music and sound device settings hard coded as there is only one possible sound device.

Hey, a real update to the Duke3D on GP2X, nice. Are "toys" like MMUhack included now (or in Future?)

And I wanted to ask, if the aspect ratio of the game is really correct on GP2X, somehow the image always looks a little bit stretched verticaly ^^""

And sometimes Duke has a helium Voice and sometimes not. (Some sounds/voice taunts are to high pitched, otheres are normal) I think I have a correct setted cfg.

mmuhack wouldn't make any difference. Duke3d doesn't use the upper memory, and you can underclock and it will still be full speed anyway. Aspect ratio looks fine to me (round things look round) and it's hardcoded to 320x240. Yes, I've noticed that sounds are sometimes a little strange. Not sure if it's because I'm using a different build of sdl_mixer or if it's always been like that.

wow these all seem like really usefull updates that address some problems that people have experienced (me for one) mainly the keys being backwards i had to reboot the gp2x if i pressed the wrong one.

great stuff !

this has probably been asked before but Does "Duke it out in D.C." work ?

i had this mod a while ago (when it came out) dont know where i put it but it would be cool to play again

sam fisher said:
This is offtopic but are you going to have plans to port Lacuna :D That would make you a god :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, woogal! :) I locked myself out of the game through the main menu many times before, I'm very glad that issue got fixed. I never got to Ep4, I either suck, or didn't give this game the time it deserves :)

Thanks again!

Thank you Woogal.
Your port was one of the first thing I tested when I received my 2X.
I had a lot of fun with it. I'm going to give it another try :)

thanks woogal, good job there. although i have already experienced lock-up with this new version it seems to be more stable than the previous one. kudos!

joe

woogal said:
Where was the lock up? Random, or can you reproduce it?
unfortunately, the lock ups (i just experienced another one) seem to be completely random. could be i am saving/loading positions too often? joe

I also had lock-ups, they're random and happened in "the birth" episode,i'll play the other episodes to see if the game also locks-up. besides that it's an awesome work thank you.

Fw V 3.0.0

shinra said:
I also had lock-ups, they're random and happened in "the birth" episode,i'll play the other episodes to see if the game also locks-up. besides that it's an awesome work thank you.

Fw V 3.0.0
I had lockup first time I tried the game on the first level.

As sounds effects slowly die off after it locks it looks like its stuck in an infinite loop somewhere, not actually crashed.

there was a button combo that i hit that locked me out of the menu. i forget what it was now, it came from canceling out of one of the options like settings or load game or something. will try to reproduce i guess. but it's not really a big deal.

woogal said:
mmuhack wouldn't make any difference. Duke3d doesn't use the upper memory, and you can underclock and it will still be full speed anyway. Aspect ratio looks fine to me (round things look round) and it's hardcoded to 320x240. Yes, I've noticed that sounds are sometimes a little strange. Not sure if it's because I'm using a different build of sdl_mixer or if it's always been like that.
i notice some pixel-doubling weirdness, at least with the HUD on the bottom. maybe it's normal though? it's been quite a while since i played duke 3d on the computer.

Back