Duel Proccessor Emu Support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lupin3rd

Still Fresh
Has anyone braved this yet? I know it means writing from scratch, but are any in the pipeline. It just seems ashame that the other half of the proccessor is going to waste :(

Amiga would run great with sound if the sound was done by the 2nd proccessor.

Using the second CPU is very hard because it has to access memory through the first CPU - if the first CPU is busy doing this, it can't do work itself so you aren't any faster.

It may be possible to give small (in memory) but complicated (in time) tasks to the second CPU and execute them from the cache, but this will be doubly difficult to utilise in an emulator - rather than in a custom application where such tasks might be easier to define. I'd be surprised if there was more than a 10% speedup by implementing the second CPU in an emu.

The situation may improve when someone rewrites the OS completely, but it's not reasonable to expect that to happen anytime soon.

EDIT: And oh, please try to read into things more before you post a question. This has been answered (better no doubt) many times before.

wyefye posted on Mar 17 2006 at 08:43 PM said:
http://killerredcar.com/

Read the first article.

No need to point to the nasty artical I made a typo wyefye. And fair enough if this has been posted about before, but I didn't notice the previous posts so no need to bitch about it.

Everyone should make the boards welcoming for newly interested ones, not flaming their ass if they dare not look back a load of pages to see if its been covered?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back