Ds Still Getting Better

Ganepark32 posted on Dec 22 2005 at 04:36 PM said:
Tony Hawks' American Sk8land and if so whats it like?

Yeah that looks quite good, what with the wifi multiplayer and all.

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently upgraded my pc to play a dual core processor wth a nvidia 7800gt gfx card all bells and whistles.. got half life 2, X3, Neeed for Speed most wanted, call of Duty, FEAR, stunning looking games fun to play but what am i addicted to at the moment sitting hunched over a small screen playing a console with yesteryears graphics.

i never realised touching could be so much fun ;) ...meanwhile kick ass looking pc games haven't been touched.

I can't get enough of theses lot :)

Castlevania
Trauma Center,
Nintendo Touch Golf Birdie (which has such a cool golf mechanics!)
Mario Kart.
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Wario Ware Touched.
Kirby Canvas

Just proves innovative gameplay beats Flashy graphics and formulated gameplay any day.

Bring on the revolution i say ;)

I am suprised to see the DS take the lead at the moment my money would have been on the psp taking, appealing to the fashion concious playstaion branded ipod generation.

PSP is a great bit of technology crammed into a slick looking case but it could be a case of style over substance and maybe nintendo have got it right again with a dull un assuming not soo flashy brick but oozes simple down to earth playabilty.

Vimacs posted on Dec 22 2005 at 04:26 AM said:
dont forget to pick up mario kart!
we should realy hold a chellange at mario kart (we=all mario kart ds owners of gp32x)

I own it, however lack w-lan and I'm NOT buying a €40 piece of wlan USB adaptor just for a crappy mario kart 4 player match where you can't even select your opponents...

oh btt: Yeah the DS is really kicking off right now, there is also Children of Mana(Secret of Mana Spinoff/Sequel), Final Fantasy III(3D remake of the very old NES version), Archaic Sealed Heat and many other nice RPGs down the pipe I will definitely not miss :D

SONY posted on Dec 22 2005 at 08:17 PM said:
SONY PlayStation Portable FTW!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111111 w0000000t!!!!!!11111111111111  :D

LOL omg...

Oh wait: did you say FTW?!

shigerumiyamoto-satoruiwata-01.jpg

fatiwataftw4oi.jpg

Media Create Japan Numbers from last week:

DS 408,770
PSP 95,689

we should realy hold a chellange at mario kart (we=all mario kart ds owners of gp32x)
Mario kart rocks, I'd happily have you a race if only I had WiFi. Shame Nintendo don't do a USB-type connector :(

paeryn posted on Dec 22 2005 at 09:44 PM said:
Mario kart rocks, I'd happily have you a race if only I had WiFi. Shame Nintendo don't do a USB-type connector :(
Yes they do.

Mr. Anderson posted on Dec 22 2005 at 09:42 PM said:
Media Create Japan Numbers from last week:

DS 408,770
PSP 95,689

That's just with MarioKarDS and AnimalCrossingDS. Nintendo still hasn't pull out their big guns, yet. When their clean-up trio (new Mario bros, Pokemon diamond, and Zelda for DS) comes out, along with double dosage Metroid games next year, you will see PSP price dropped down to $99, and Sony talking only about PS3. It'll be interesting to see how Sony will handle their first major defeat.

BTW, for those who believe Sony = quality products, I have news for you

http://www.interfax.cn/showfeature.asp?aid=8449&slug=SONY

Don't miss out this either, if you believe Sony's running honest business:
http://www.interfax.cn/showfeature.asp?aid=8390&slug=SONY

Shit, most PS2 owners could tell you about the poor quality of the actual hardware Sony make.

Also: A double dosage of Metroid next year? I'm assuming you're referring to MP Hunters and the already-released MP Pinball, but in case I'm wrong, what's the second Metroid game you're referring to?

Ravnos posted on Dec 22 2005 at 10:01 PM said:
Also: A double dosage of Metroid next year? I'm assuming you're referring to MP Hunters and the already-released MP Pinball, but in case I'm wrong, what's the second Metroid game you're referring to?

Hunters + Metroid Dread. However, I did a quick fact check, and looks like I didn't know about the recent cancelation.

http://ds.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3145805&did=1

I still believe it's rather delayed considering the saturation of AAA titles is way too high for 06.

Yeah, I was disappointed about that myself, but I'm sure there'll be another 2D Metroid at some point, whether it winds up being Dread or another one altogether.

Those sales figures are some nice pwnage, though.

I don't think Metroid can emerge to be a top seller, maybe in the US yeah... Japan doesn't want shooters, oh I have found a funny chart featuring the last few weeks of sales in Japan, it's quite impressive(the performance of the DS and the performance of the Xbox 386 too :lol:)

MC_18-Dezember_2005.jpg

:eek:

kkkcries6ee.gif

Mr. Anderson posted on Dec 23 2005 at 10:47 AM said:
I don't think Metroid can emerge to be a top seller, maybe in the US yeah... Japan doesn't want shooters,
True, but Metroid is still surely one of those titles that can push hardware, and Sony would love to have it on their side anyday. Important thing is that this big calibur game is going to play just supporting role because of other "bigger" titles (zelda + mario + pokemon). I was trying to point out the fact that it's the luxuary that PSP won't enjoy next year. Having Metroid and Final Fantasy3 (which was never released outside of Japan) remake in FF7 style only as supporting titles is awesome sign for DS, while they're strong enough to be the flagship title to any console. Poor MS used massively unpopular FF-XI as their flagship RPG for their XBox360!

Luckily my mac has wifi built in, so if some people can pm their friend codes for mario kart, ill add you tommorow and play you (hopefully) :).

to tell ya the truth the PSP mainly have

sports, driving, games..

not that they are bad but not really anything innovative like Nintendo.

people that buys the PSP are graphics whores and joe gammer that don't know any better

IMMHO

Back