Drummachine V0.1a Released

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Rick Kelsall released a first version of a Drum-Machine for the gp2x.

Drumbox-0.1a.jpg

It already has 10 Channels with 44kHz and 16bit.
It's still a WIP, so be sure it will be enhanced in the future :)

Download: Drumbox v0.1a

I have wait for this kind of software! Great start! :)

I hope it will support patterns one day, maybe even effects and people will make cool sample packs for it.

i've been doing livesets running piggy tracker on my gp2x ... it's already quite powerful and only getting better.

but new music software is always fun and exciting, so cool to see this drumbox pop up, with a very cool logo none the less ;)

i think this program could turn into a very useful tool if it's designed to be something like hammerhead, a robust tool for a specific task--bangin beat loopz ;)

i would much rather see that direction for the appliaction, than trying to evolve it into something like a clumsy fruityloops for handheld.

one thing that fruityloops DOES do right, that i don't ever see anywhere else, is it's .wav export options for loops. a loop is a certain amount of time based on bpm and number of steps. so the last drum sound triggered can go past the end of the time of the loop. fruity loops lets you choose what to do with that sound that is outside of the time of the loop: truncate it, mix-paste it back on the start of the loop, or make the lenght of the sample long enough to let the sound play out.

so, Rick, if you do .wav export, please give the options! that way the work people do on the go will easily integrate with whatever studio setup they have.

browser brody posted on Jul 13 2006 at 10:03 PM said:
FlowNeppets posted on Jul 13 2006 at 06:47 PM said:
I just worked on a alternative drumkit for the DrumboX based on real Roland 808 sounds.
You can download it here:

http://rapidshare.de/files/25753613/gp808x...t_v0_1.zip.html

Enjoy! :)

Rapidshare never works for me for some reason, could someone please place this file somewhere else as well?

Thanks.

I uploaded it to the archive:

http://archive.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,6,1656

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
FlowNeppets posted on Jul 13 2006 at 10:35 PM said:
browser brody posted on Jul 13 2006 at 10:03 PM said:
FlowNeppets posted on Jul 13 2006 at 06:47 PM said:
I just worked on a alternative drumkit for the DrumboX based on real Roland 808 sounds.
You can download it here:

http://rapidshare.de/files/25753613/gp808x...t_v0_1.zip.html

Enjoy! :)

Rapidshare never works for me for some reason, could someone please place this file somewhere else as well?

Thanks.

I uploaded it to the archive:

http://archive.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,6,1656

:)

Fantastic!

Many thanks.

vEGA-rJ posted on Jul 14 2006 at 04:39 PM said:
Very good!!! Thanxs! But please raise the volume in the next release :)

the volume is low atm cos it was deafening me on my headphones.
Next release will have a proper volume control.

the volume is low atm cos it was deafening me on my headphones.
Next release will have a proper volume control.

Hi rooster, I know i readed the supplied readme :)
I tried to be hilarious :)

Not fair, don't work. FW 2.0

From the cmdline I get the following.....

[root@gp2x Drumbox]$./drumbox.gpe
audio available check(dsp)
malloc audio device(dsp)
set function pointer(dsp)
SDL_SYS_JoystickInit
Fatal signal: Segmentation Fault (SDL Parachute Deployed)
SDL_SYS_JoystickInit

Sometimes the sound doesn't work when I run it (FW 2.0) but if I restart, it normally works then. I know when it's not working because the load time is a fair bit shorter than it is when it loads and the sound actually works.

Does not matter how manytimes I reboot or try to run it it bombs. :( I'll get incontact with the developer see if I can help to fix it. :)

EDIT:
EvilDragon, how can I get incontact with the developer? No contact details in the download.

MadDog posted on Jul 15 2006 at 01:30 PM said:
Does not matter how manytimes I reboot or try to run it it bombs. :( I'll get incontact with the developer see if I can help to fix it. :)

EDIT:
EvilDragon, how can I get incontact with the developer? No contact details in the download.

rooster (from this thread) is the developer

MadDog posted on Jul 14 2006 at 09:07 PM said:
Not fair, don't work. FW 2.0

From the cmdline I get the following.....

[root@gp2x Drumbox]$./drumbox.gpe
audio available check(dsp)
malloc audio device(dsp)
set function pointer(dsp)
SDL_SYS_JoystickInit
Fatal signal: Segmentation Fault (SDL Parachute Deployed)
SDL_SYS_JoystickInit

I think I know what causes that my friend :)

During development that exact same crazy shit happened to me and it was due to the fact I had renamed one of the samples with the *wrong* name accidentally.

Therefore I suspect that the folder you are running the app from does not have the assets folder perfectly intact as presented it in the zip ie wrong filenames/structure.

please check that your unzipped contents are structured *exactly* as they are in my zip, particularly the assets folder and that there was no hiccup during the extraction - also please try running it from your SD (although it does run fine started via telnet on the PC's HD normally!) just to see what happens..

Back