Drpocketsnes Certain Games Will Not Start

itscurbe

Still Fresh
I can use DrPocketSnes to play donkey kong country 1, mario kart, super mario world, and a couple others including mega man x. For some reason the following games do not work: Kirby Superstar, Mortal kombat 2 and 3, Donkey Kong 2 and 3, Yoshi's Island, Kirby Superstar.

when I try to start them, it just gives me a black screen. I can go back to the emulator menu and load a new rom, but I can't play any of these games. help???

thanks

Some of the games that you listed use a special chip SA-1 that it is not fully supported by PocketSnes. Look up this list http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Super_NES_enhancement_chips to check if your favorite games uses SA-1. For example, Kirby Superstar certainly does and it won't run on PocketSnes.

There was a special version of pocketnes that supported SA-1, but I'm not sure whether it was ported to the Wiz. Anyway, it was way slower than the normal version and therefore it is not recommended for normal games.

In any case, as far as I know you shouldn't have any problems to run Donkey Kong 2 & 3 since they do not use any special chip. Yoshi's Island uses Super-FX 2 and I was told that it was not completely supported on PocketSnes. I don't know if this situation has changed. Fortunately, there is a port of Yoshi's Island for the GBA that runs nearly perfect on gpSP.

Do you have the audio performance hack enabled in settings? Lots of games won't start if that's on.

Back