Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Picodrive

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ignoring megacd and the other types of emulation
which emulator is the most stable/fastest
i havent had any problems with any games on drmd, and hardly ever crashes
but is picodrive better?

there is a few games that you cannot run at all on drmd (for example that cotton game which is sort of like space harrier...) but that are supported on picodrive. Picodrive is also a lot faster without overclock as it has been optimized quite well and runs both cpus.
One drawback is ofcourse that picodrive cannot emulate mastersystem. drmd on the other hand cannot emulate segacd games. So basically, it's worthwhile having both emulators on your sd card.
AFAIR picodrive also has a more accurate renderer, that might have changed though.

I don't know. Picodrive is very good with USB joy support and very light (Runs most MD games fullspeed at 140MHz) And Sega CD. On the other hand DrMD plays SMS and GG games...
I think this thread is useless, both emulators are must-haves.

This may sound silly but I preffer the menus for DrMD, I was wanting to play through Castlevania and decided on DrMD just for easy of menu navigation. However it back fired when I got to about the 6th level and came across a giant wheel that I couldn't pass... turns out DrMD doesn't draw the rotating blades you have to avoid making it impossible to progress :(
I cant guarantee Picodrive does render this correctly, but I have a feeling it will.

If anyone wants Master System\Game Gear emulation, you can use Alexkidd2x, which is much better than DrMD and supports USB joypads and TV out.
I will always use DrMD, but on my GP32, the GP2X has PicoDrive :)
Thank you Reesy and Notaz, both of you are great assits to this community.

It's really no competition. while drmd is amazing, and is a perfectly wonderful and adequate genesis emulator, picodrive improves upon it in several key ways.

And alexkidd2x is a superior emulator of sms / gg games, if that's your thing.

drmd for me, since picodrive gives me nothing but a black screen on every romset i have, drmd does it all fine.

Both: Picodrive for Genesis, and DrMD for SMS, GG, and blue bubbles :)

Both are great. There are benefits to having both on your sd. For instance, Micro machines tt 96 works on DrMd but not on picodrive and then other games work on picodrive and not on DrMd.

You can set the rom path on both emulators, so no real hassel to use both :)

Edit: typos

I use Picodrive ;) Its the best Megadrive emulator FACT! I don't play SMS or GG games so I don't even bother to have DrMD on my SD card anymore.

EDIT: I do however use DrMD on my Gizmondo... buts thats only because Notaz is a lazy bugger and has not ported PicoDrive to the Gizmondo :)

Picodrive all the way, better menu, louder sound and is very fast. The only problem is that Sonic 3, Sonic 3 and Knuckles freeze and Sonic and Knuckles won't even load.

I only use DrMDx for GG/MS emulation because Alexkidd2x has a horrible menu like GnuBoy.

Reesy said:
I use Picodrive ;) Its the best Megadrive emulator FACT! I don't play SMS or GG games so I don't even bother to have DrMD on my SD card anymore.

EDIT: I do however use DrMD on my Gizmondo... buts thats only because Notaz is a lazy bugger and has not ported PicoDrive to the Gizmondo :)
:lol:

I use DrMD as i think it`s the best megadrive emulator, And the fact that no one has ported a better megadrive emulator to the GP32.

Trooper

Last edited by a moderator:
Back