Drmd, New Version

once again my only wish for this emulator is to have a frameskip option. I hate the auto frameskip because it makes most of my games very very choppy and much too fast.

once again my only wish for this emulator is to have a frameskip option.  I hate the auto frameskip because it makes most of my games very very choppy and much too fast.
Autoframeskip is the best if the cpu is running fast enough.

Your games can't be too fast because auto fs runs your games at the REAL SPEED, switching between the different fs (depending on the ressources needed) BUT KEEPING the REAL Genesis SPEED.

But if the cpu clock is low, then the framerate will be too (at 166 Mhz, auto fs is the best).

Last edited by a moderator:
I made a version of DrMD with icon, author name...if people wants it. ;)

Reesy : Where can we make you donations for your incredible work?

The config button selection doesn´t work.

It only lets you to select betwen the A.B or select button. R and L don't work.

I was in a rush so I didn't have time to implement a complete system. I just wanted a way to move the "A" button somewhere else rather than the select button for games that need to have the "A" button pressed down for long periods. This is a problem with the BLU as it switches the light off and on. I'll add support to use any of the buttons in the next version.

The auto region select function is not very accurate at the moment, I need to do some more research into it in order to get it working. Again it was a rush job, and was only put in the emulator a few hours before the release.

With regard more cpu settings, I'll add more in the next version.

Later

It is a great emu with Z80 supt. I am surprised how fast it is with it.

One thing though Is it possible maybe in a future release to just make the backgound black instead of gray like it is now? The background is still a medium gray. It needs to be BLACK, a space scene background (no pixels rendered area) should match the unused bars at the top and bottom of the screen. It should be an RGB value of 0,0,0, always. It tends to look hazy/washed out now especially on the BLU.

This one should be a simple fix too just change the values of black to RGB 0,0,0. This would give the best contrast for all versions of the GP32. This is probably one of easiest fixes and you don't even need a menu option for it, it could be default.

Anyway thanks much it is truly one of the best if not THE best emu on the GP32 :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow more than 400 posts about drmd in the other topic + more than 20 here !! Looks like Evildragon wasn't that right.
homebrew: 260 posts in almost a full week, and a lot of spam in there too
emus: 400+ posts in a few hours, for an emu which exists in other versions

This definately demotivates me, and obviously shows that homebrew games are not that awaited (and for sure, not tested by more than 20% of the people here).

Don't worry mATkEUpON, I think the reason that there are less posts about homebrew games is mostly due to the fact that emu's can be substancially improved in some cases whereas alot of homebrew is there ready to be played leaving these guys with nothing to complain about.

A lot more people play the homebrew games than post about them. Your work is more than appreciated. Quite a few coders have complained about the lack of love for homebrew games but I think everyone agreed that this last compo was incredible even with no 16-bit emulators in sight (pre-surprise).

In fact, AFAIK it has been the first competition where most guys were really liking all the entries.
If I think back, all other competitions were disappointments, because most guys eagerly awaited new emulators which didn't come out...
Now they are really liking all the homebrewn games.

That's really great, in my opinion :)

Of course they will post more about the emulators - they can play more games at once and they are technically harder to code and have more bugs, drawbacks. If you look at the posts, most people tell the authors what doesn't work yet or what they want to see in next updates.
That won't happen in homebrew games, as already said by daveyG in one of the posts above, because most homebrew games get beta tested and have no such problems.

I did play mostly emulators myself until a few months ago - but with more and more quality games coming out for the GP32, I'm mostly playing homebrew stuff nowadays.

Of course, this needs totally different teams: Whereas emulators need perfect coders, homebrew games need a good idea and good artwork / sound design. I can't be done by a coder himself (well, except that he's a god and is perfect in everything ;))

Homebrew is much more anticipated than a year ago, so this CAN relive the whole GP32 scene!

I don't really touch my GP anymore. The only real reason is because, when I painted mine, I got fingerprints and smudges all over the screen which weren't easy to get out at all, and it's way too distracting. I just need a glass screen but I'm poor as all hell. Eh.

hey Reesy, do you want a background for the main menu and rom selector screen?
DrMDbg.gif

Ok, I just entered asshole mode, hope it lasts until I finished this post :)

Well, antirad, I'd also need some artwork for my menus also, but no one asks me if it would help me... :ph34r:

Ok this is in no way fair, but it shows the spirit of the community: all about emus, and the other homebrew devrs will have to contact someone by themselves and ask him if he can make a background or something.

So, this is not a personal attack, and I won't say that having won nothing at the 16days has nothing to do with those last messages. But anyway, I'd simply like homebrew games to be a little bit more supported, and if everyone could make a little bit more efforts to make coders feel "supported" (more people helping in the beta test forums, for example), this would make coders more motivated to update their projects.

mATkEUpON > I really like your Smash GP and I told Lopyod to tell you I can help you to clean gfx for Smash GP (I hope I'll be able to work with you). :)

But for the reasons davey g and EvilDragon said, there's no reason to be worry.

And this is really not the place to talk about that because it's about DrMD.

Let's open a Smash GP thread! :)

Yes, sorry about that, but I'm really in a asshole mood, so, wrong topic is a bonus :)

Thanks Drumaster, but I'm not really willing to see a SmashGp thread right now, as I'll update it during the week (I hope). So a beta test forum would be great then, and I'll open support forums also on my website (for the character and arena editors).

But talking about that, I'll just mention that there are only 4 registered users on my support forums (including me). Hardly motivating :(

AH theres no zip support? haha no wonder none of the games work. from all the positive posts it sounds as if youre doing a great job reesy. hopefully you'll include zip support in the next version so i can do some hardcore beta testing

But talking about that, I'll just mention that there are only 4 registered users on my support forums (including me). Hardly motivating :(
Please don't expect people to give you feedbacks on YOUR forum, they won't.
It's not a reason to be disapointed. :)

Everybody talks here on GP32x, so see feedbacks in this place.

** i edited some games below**
** note: a lot of games has a too fast music**

LOVE YOU REESY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

next would be for me
1. savestates
2. Brightness ajustment
3. SHINING FORCE 1 or 2 working ( i would be very very very very very very very very very veryvery very very happy !!!!)

anyway its GREAT GREAT GREAT WOW

TESTED GAMES LIST at 166mhz( can have some errors) :

ys3= good speed, fast sound
marble madness = great speed good sound
bomber= good speed good sound
castlevania= good speed great sound
bubsy= good speed great sound ( control a little strange)
mortal kombat 2 = good speed = sound ok
nhl 95 = little slow great sound
phantasy star 4 = great sound = good speed
STREET FIGHTER TURBO 2 = WORKS !!! GREAT SPEED - OK SOUND only music ( rom hard to find)
ninja gaiden =great speed great sound
sonic 1 =great speed and sound
sonic 2 = little slow sound ok
sonic3= too slow with sound sound ok
teenage mutant ninja turtles (not tournament)= great speed sound TOO FAST
Altered beast = great sound great speed
prince of persia= great sound great speed
snake and roll =great sound great speed
strider=great sound great speed
tazmania==great sound great speed
topgear2=great sound great speed ( PROBLEM WITH CONTROL try the race
blaster master=TOO FAST sound great speed
bugsbunny= DONT WORK
proam= DONT WORK
aladdin==great sound sound BAD
joe and mac ==great sound great speed
lionking=great sound great speed
hardball5=great sound great speed
micromachine2= ok sound great speed (strange control)
megaman wily wars==great sound great speed
outrun=great sound great speed
dark water=great sound great speed
rockand roll racing=TOO FAST sound and the sound stop sometime + great speed
super street figheter 2= DONT WORK
simspsons nightmare=ok sound miss music+ great speed
street racer 2 =great sound great speed
sylvester tweety=great sound great speed
jungle book=great sound great speed
world series 98=great sound great speed
triple play 96=DONT work
mega man x3=ok sound great speed
rbi 94=great sound great speed
wonderboy5=great sound great speed
ecco=great sound great speed
indianajones=great sound great speed
jellyboy=great sound great speed
mickey mouse castle=great sound great speed
mickey mouse world=great sound great speed
mortal kombat1=ok sound great speed
nhl93 +nhl94 ==great sound great speed
nhl98=DONT WORK
monopoly=great sound great speed
super offroad =TOO FAST sound great speed
zombies==BAD sound great speed , graphic glitch
ghost and goblin= =TOO FAST sound great speed
52in1=great sound great speed
donal maui=DONT WORK
SHINING FORCE 1 and 2 =DONT WORK

**there is a email adress for donation for reesy??????????????????????

Hey, put a link to your forums/website in your signature. More people would come. Like me. You dont even have it in your member information. Dont be afraid to put the names of what you did out there and blatantly say you coded them, it will help people recognize your name to these great works (which they truly are, you know how to code well). Then they will be more likley to help you are looking for help on a new or old project. Im sure you have seen the scattered comments here and there about smashgp but why not open a new thread, its not being vain, its trying to get the help you want. Ill help you if you need, although I dont bring too much to the table maybe just time. Keep up the good work.

STREET FIGHTER TURBO 2 = WORKS !!! GREAT SPEED - GOOD SOUND ( rom hard to find)
The sound in this rom is clear but only the BGM work, the sfx are nearly impossible to hear.
And the speed isn't as good as the majority of others games but it is more playable than SNES one with sound. :)

mATkEUpON, no worries but if you visited my website www.antiriad.com you'd see I dont just do artwork for emulators (even if it forms the majority of my gumpf).

Equally Id already done the splash screen and icon for Reesy so was merely asking if he wanted any more work as opposed to asking outright.

Yes Im more likely to volunteer my services to emulators before homebrew because it interests me more (its what I bought my GP32 for) and its often easier to do (lots of source material) but I dont see anything wrong with you just asking me on here or on IRC as others have. Aquafish, Woogal, diab0l, Dalto, no_skill, TJ Hooka all did.

And once Ive done artwork for a coders non-emu project I do try to continue to do more for any of their new projects just ask any of the aforementioned.

So if you want some stuff done, just pm me or natter to me on IRC telling me what you want. (dont want to hijack this thread any further.)

Got back from work and all I can say is WOW! I'm playing Urban Strike for a bit before I go down the pub. This is yet another selling point for GP32, this is great!

I've tested a few games and found that:

Pete Sampras Tennis didnt work - which is fair enough since its only recently become available in mainstream PC emus.

Also Fifa 95 some of the sound doesnt work (the goal celebrations in particular ;) and WWF Wrestlemania theres is just background fuzz.

Reesy is a legend. Period. and while I'm on the subject of GP32 legends - mATkEUpON is one too! I love GP Final War and think Smash GP is a great game too (both commercial grade). I will feedback comments on it when the Smash GP Beta thread starts up.

Back