Future Drmd Release?

DaveC posted on Feb 5 2005 at 05:41 PM said:
That is my plan. Donate for first public release of an emu (this time it was DrMD, next will be for DrSMS or DrPCE if they are ever made) and then a little something for every public release after.  I think that is fair  :)

Hmmm, okay then I'll think I'll make about 3 public releases a day and give up my day job. Thanks DaveC, I'm going to be loaded ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reesy: if you can, get an A1200, then you can stick in a accelerator (with some fast ram) and a laptop 2.5" HD and play the games off it using Whdload.

PM me if you want to know more... ;)

meandu229 posted on Feb 5 2005 at 10:00 PM said:
i still got my amiga at at remeber how much fun it was "backing up" your games with "x copy",, please insert source disk,, please insert destination disk ,, please insert source disk etc etc

PIRATE!, Ship ahoy.

Trooper

Shiver me timbers! :ph34r:

@BobBorakovitz: Thanks bob, check your email.

@Antiriad: Amiga 1200 gotcha ;) cheers

trooper posted on Feb 5 2005 at 03:08 PM said:
ASB posted on Feb 5 2005 at 03:14 PM said:
How do I donate. Step by step.

Click the send money button at the bottom right of that page, Money sent and a happier Reesy. :)

Trooper

And happier ressy= happier emulater. Thay grow up real fast these days dont they.
Keep up the good work reesy, you'll be getting a donation soon.

You know in Xcopy how you had to swap disks twice, well if you killedsystem it would goto 2bit mode and was able to copy the whole disk in one go due to the saved screen memory.

I never realised this for *years* resulting in so much wasted time swapping those bloody disks. It still gets to me to this very day that i didn't know. :)

But yes, Amiga, best system EVER EVER. Just remember to get a copy of relokick so you can play original a500 games too.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

if i could back in time, i'd go back and tell myself to stop tossing around with a megadrive and get a dammn amiga'

i feel like ive mist out on so much'

well im making up for it now, and thats what counts right?

meandu229 posted on Feb 5 2005 at 09:00 PM said:
i still got my amiga at at remeber how much fun it was "backing up" your games with "x copy",, please insert source disk,, please insert destination disk ,, please insert source disk etc etc

I remember I started copying with "Maurauder" on the Amiga but it was real slow. Then there was "quick nibble" with the pirate song in the beginning. Then Xcopy became the standard I can still see those grids being filled with those little dots.

Oh yeah, I was just using these programs to make "backups" of course ;)

It is kind of ironic how the Amiga is always popular on boards like this. It seems like it was the most popular unpopular computer.

I had the Amiga since the Amiga 1000.

Antiriad posted on Feb 5 2005 at 07:19 PM said:
Reesy: if you can, get an A1200, then you can stick in a accelerator (with some fast ram) and a laptop 2.5" HD and play the games off it using Whdload.

PM me if you want to know more... ;)

Didn't the 1200 with an accelerator have problems running some games though?

Reesy posted on Feb 5 2005 at 05:48 PM said:
DaveC posted on Feb 5 2005 at 05:41 PM said:
That is my plan. Donate for first public release of an emu (this time it was DrMD, next will be for DrSMS or DrPCE if they are ever made) and then a little something for every public release after.  I think that is fair  :)

Hmmm, okay then I'll think I'll make about 3 public releases a day and give up my day job. Thanks DaveC, I'm going to be loaded ;)

DOH! :p

I vaguely remember the few amiga games I've ever seen... but all this talk about them getting me mighty interested.

As for donations, I too will definately drop another sizeable donation in Reesy's email if/when he ever does a PCE emu... save states and a DrMD-sized selection of options are all my GP needs to be complete....

I second that. If there is ever a PC-engine emu that is better than GPEngine I will have to cough up some more loot. I will have to cough up some loot for DrSMS too if that is ever released too. Reesy could put me broke :p

You can really tell who the rich kids were.......Amiga's PAH!

If you cut my leg off it would say Atari ST all the way through it(like a stick of rock)

BTW If your going to get an Amiga or an ST make sure you get a zipstick

They RULE!!!

zipstick_super_pro.jpg

Attachments

• zipstick_super_pro.jpg
    zipstick_super_pro.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 121
DaveC posted on Feb 6 2005 at 04:20 AM said:
Didn't the 1200 with an accelerator have problems running some games though?

A native 1200 will have problems running 500 games off floppy - hence why CraigIX recommended Relokick which usually does the trick (alternatively you can enter the early startup menu and alter the CPU caches and chipset options but its less effective)

However, I am discussing playing Amiga games via a HD using a tool called Whdload which allows you to play floppy games off the HD by imaging the disks or extracting their files. Its very convenient as you can exit the game instantly at any stage by pressing a key (like F10 or *) and the loading times are much faster.

You never have to reboot to change games and no floppy disks (the Double Density ones the Amiga used being now hard to find) are required. You simply copy the files onto your HD and then run them from Workbench. The only thing is that it is recommended to have some Fast Ram as this is required (about 8MB will do fine as a minimum which should cover almost all games) and this is almost always found on accelerator cards. Plus its nice to have your Amiga running slightly quicker than normal.

Reesy posted on Feb 4 2005 at 12:30 PM said:
"memory overclocking thing", I'm not too sure what you mean. But if its to do with having multiple settings for each CPU speed, where each setting overclocks the memory in a different way then yes it is in my plans.

If your going to ask questions, try to be abit more clear. Or I shall be force to slap you in the face with a rather large wet haddock.

Yeah, that's what I meant. Great that it's in your plans. :) BTW I have a black belt in karate so I'd just block that haddock (probably with a stingray that I keep in my back pocket). ;)

I'll do you a deal, if you can ever get DrMD running at 50 or 60 fps on my 166MHz GP32 by any method, I'll donate.

Back