Dpad Questions

Joshwaan2k

Website
Visit site
Hi Guys

Love the forum I got some great information from it.

I have a MK1 unit and wondering about dpad mod, where can i get this done.

I'll pay what ever to get it modded, I just don't like the stick.

I have a verified paypal account.

Cheers

Josh

I have a Mk 1 First Edition with a Evil Dragon/DaveC d-pad mod with the stick click to the rear of the unit. The 2x itself seems to be playing up a little at the moment, it crashes on boot about 5 times out of ten. I am thinking of selling it, so, if you want to buy it to either fix or steal parts from just pm me.

I asked evil dragon when it started playing up if he would see me a new mk2 already d-pad modded, but he said davec can not get the parts anymore/at the moment, which is a shame, because its a great mod.

Anyway, if your interested, let me know. :)

BTW the I believe that the mod is different for Mk 1 and Mk 2 so check that its ok first.

from what I've gathered via posts on this forum over the past few months - nobody is offering D-Pad mods anymore. Your best shot is probably to guy an N-Gage D-Pad and mod it yourself.

Unfort for me - I am horrible with modding anything. I can't even manage to cut a design in the side of my computer case with a dremel without screwing something up, let alone soldering.

the soldering is actually very easy if you use the right board. I used a NES controller's dpad circuit board and the points were really easy to identify and solder to. They are offset from each other which made it easier also. I clipped the joystick off on the top so the pins are still on the underside. That made them very easy to solder to.

cutting the case was easy too. I was cheap and bought a dremel combo kit that had a bunch of dremel cutting, grinding, sanding, and polishing bits and just used my cordless drill. In retrospect, I'd have deffinately bought a dremel. But it was still easy as hell.

The hardest part was to have patience opening/closing the damn case and getting everything lined up! I HATE that case :)

*TIP* use thin double sided tape to hold the circuit board down not the thick padded stuff. trust me. :)

scientist said:
from what I've gathered via posts on this forum over the past few months - nobody is offering D-Pad mods anymore. Your best shot is probably to guy an N-Gage D-Pad and mod it yourself.

Unfort for me - I am horrible with modding anything. I can't even manage to cut a design in the side of my computer case with a dremel without screwing something up, let alone soldering.
Does the QD pad's board solder onto the gp2x or was that a custom board included with the dpad kit offered by Dave C. Does anyone know why the kit is no longer for sale?

Last edited by a moderator:
computarman said:
Does the QD pad's board solder onto the gp2x or was that a custom board included with the dpad kit offered by Dave C. Does anyone know why the kit is no longer for sale?
Dave has problems with getting some of the parts (some small pins), and I think he also said that it wasn't really profitable for him, thus he is probably not very motivated to do more ;)

It is a really great mod though!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back