Techfreak's Dpad Mod! It's Free...

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck doing a dragon punch that way though. Diagonals are harder unless you have massive thumbs. Plus on many units the screen washes out 180 degrees. This technique has been mentioned before though.

Idk, then I have to use the stick for buttons?!?!

Personally I will play my games the normal way, with the crappy stick but an upgraded cap.

Rather than go to all the effort of flipping it over, and also flipping the image, couldn't you just use the buttons as your d-pad on a 'normal' gp2x? Is there something horribly wrong with having the direction buttons on the right, rather than the left?

Rather than go to all the effort of flipping it over, and also flipping the image, couldn't you just use the buttons as your d-pad on a 'normal' gp2x? Is there something horribly wrong with having the direction buttons on the right, rather than the left?

I understand what you're saying. But you also have to understand, it's doesn't feel natural. Although, it doesn't matter to me, because I like the Stick, contrary to other people's opinions and rarely EVER have any problems with it.

It's the way bwain works. :huh: Feels... Unsanitary. :eek:

Stupid tricks like this should not even come to mind in a decent handheld.

Stupid tricks like this should not even come to mind in a decent handheld.

Go the fuck away; I'm sick of listening to you go on and on. Why don't you go post on the Nintendo forums about how much the Gamecube, GBA and DS suck and how much the Wii will suck, take a quick detour to some XBox forums and post about how you loathe the 360, and then run over to some Sony console forums and rattle off a quick list of why the PS3 will suck. Maybe you can fit in buying a ticket to a concert then booing the band while you're there before you have a nice hot lunch of Get the Fuck Out.

and on another slightly offtopic moment... do you think someone will develop a TV Tuner for the GP2X like how the Sega GameGear used to have back in the day? I hope so

I'm not sure the GP2X can handle that amount of data input...

The GameGear could do it because the LCD supported input of composite video (being a redesigned SMS as a handheld). Or was it RGB input that it supported? I don't remember by now, but it was some format that a TV signal could be easily adapted to.

Back