Dosbox Is This Possible

slypie

Still Fresh
I would love to see dosbox ported as it would open up a load of classic games. I would love to play eye of the beholder on a handheld. Does anyone know if it's possible to port dosbox?

Short answer no.
Please search if you want a long answer. It has been covered thousands of times. No doubt you will be filled in eventually if you are lazy though. Just not by me.

Play EOTB on the Amiga emulator. Hell, I think it may have even had an Atari ST port.

Allan.

kcar181 posted on Feb 13 2006 at 03:38 PM said:
Isn't it on ScummVM too?

No Scumm is for adventure point and click games like monkey island

Last edited by a moderator:
given the performance of bochs + freedos i'd have to say probably never. not that porting bochs isn't an amazing accomplishment, i just don't think vga will ever be doable. maybe cga (as legacy has a lot of games going).

try it: first, download madelman's bochs-gp2x. then get the freedos disk image. get the tool for modifying the image, and add a game to it...i tried epic pinball.

fire it all up, and watch your life slowly pass you by as the android is shown at 1 frame per minute :)

Anything is possible (yes, you can even milk cats), at what speed is another matter. Dosbox will be incredibly slow.

about one egg cup an hour from the ones around here, as they don't seem to like it for some reason.

So, whos porting the CatMilker2X? Or is there no source?

I need to milk them cats.

Squidge posted on Feb 13 2006 at 12:35 PM said:
about one egg cup an hour from the ones around here, as they don't seem to like it for some reason.
Sounds a little slow, you should try overclocking them.

remowilliams posted on Feb 15 2006 at 04:15 AM said:
Squidge posted on Feb 13 2006 at 12:35 PM said:
Sounds a little slow, you should try overclocking them.
They ALSO don't like that.

Sadly, the cat's second nipple doesn't have an MMU (milking management unit) and is therefore not much use for anything other than decoding milk streams.

We really have to stop now.

nickspoon posted on Feb 15 2006 at 01:24 PM said:
Sadly, the cat's second nipple doesn't have an MMU (milking management unit) and is therefore not much use for anything other than decoding milk streams.

ha.

nickspoon posted on Feb 15 2006 at 07:24 AM said:
Sadly at the cat's second nipple doesn't have an MMU (milking management unit) and is therefore not much use for anything other than decoding milk streams.

Probably for the best before "mildly amusing" turns into "snes booty" :eek:

:lol:

It's amazing how quickly a thread can go of topic which just a few words in a completely innocent, completely on-topic post... ;)

Back