Dosbox Is This Possible

At least it's not all natural Malk (from mice if I remember correctly)

Milk is really bad for you ... seriously ... only babies need to drink it.

For everyone else; Soymilk!

... and why would you want to run DOS on the GP2X? At least for now, I can't see any real use for it without a keyboard ...

TelcoLou posted on Feb 16 2006 at 02:33 AM said:
Milk is really bad for you ... seriously ... only babies need to drink it.

For everyone else; Soymilk!

... and why would you want to run DOS on the GP2X? At least for now, I can't see any real use for it without a keyboard ...
People want to play games. Obviously. You wouldn't need a keyboard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hanz™ posted on Feb 13 2006 at 09:44 AM said:
Short answer no.
Please search if you want a long answer. It has been covered thousands of times. No doubt you will be filled in eventually if you are lazy though. Just not by me.

Well, that's definitely the short answer, but luckily, it's also the wrong answer.

I've just uploaded a port of DosBox to the GP2X. I posted to News, but that needs to be approved for publication. If you want to get it now, go here.

bjimba posted on Feb 17 2006 at 04:18 PM said:
Short answer no.
Please search if you want a long answer. It has been covered thousands of times. No doubt you will be filled in eventually if you are lazy though. Just not by me.

Well, that's definitely the short answer, but luckily, it's also the wrong answer.

I've just uploaded a port of DosBox to the GP2X. I posted to News, but that needs to be approved for publication. If you want to get it now, go here.

Approved'd ;)

i tried it (did everything you wrote in the readme and the only thing I got was the screen fading black, before I came into the menu again.

FW 1.2.1 and NAND-readonly-patch, if that helps.

bjimba posted on Feb 17 2006 at 10:18 PM said:
Short answer no.

Hm. Well I knew it could be done, but hey, "it doesn't work for me!"

bjimba, nice one on the release. Hopefully this will open up some really cool games on the GP2X. I'm drooling thinking about the possibility of playing Eye of the Beholder on the GP2X... :D

Back